Hello fellow UG'ers! I'm currently able to play Jason Beckers Images, but I want to take my sweeping to the next level, and I am currently having trouble finding some songs that are "The next level up" from that song. If you could give me some suggestions because I have had no luck finding any, please if you have any with standard tuning because I'd rather not tune down my guitar because of the floyd... Thanks a bunch, I really want to get better at sweeping.
Well I think i might have a solution for u. Learn some sweeps by Jeff loomis. I only have a six string guitar, but after a few weeks, I figured out some of his songs on six strings. Id recommend learning miles of machines.
"vela together we await the storm" by the human abstract has some tough sweeps in it. check that out
Quote by BlueFuzion101
please if you have any with standard tuning because I'd rather not tune down my guitar because of the floyd...

sorry im not sure of any songs you could practice but i know a trick so that you wont have to tune down if you use vista(maybe xp... not sure)

click on start menu > control panel > hardware and sound > realtek hd audio manager

when that pops up go to the sound effects tab

where it says karaoke u can click the up and down arrows to shift all sound up or down 1/2 a step

i use this when i play stuff like guns n roses that have all songs tuned down half a step

i wouldnt use it for songs that are in like c standard tho because it really ****s up the vocals
BTBAM - Selkies?
Almost any scar symmetry solo should be a nice challenge. they play on 7 string guitars, you can play their solos on a standard tuned 6 string.
Jeff Loomis (Nevermore and his solo Project) and Santiago Dobles (Aghora) both have some pretty brutal sweeping technique, you should definitely give them a look.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by YesterdaysToday
Bat Country - Avenged Sevenfold Solo Bridge

Originally not sweeping.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If you can play Images nearly perfect than your not going to find the majority of sweep solos challenging, check out Rhapsody, their guitarist Luca Turilli is really influenced by Jason Becker and he uses some really odd sweeps progressions, I'll link you to some really tough stuff

Skip to Bar 345, arpeggios are played the way a classical guitarist would arpeggiate a chord:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/rhapsody_of_fire/gargoyles_angels_of_darkness_ver3_guitar_pro.htm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/rhapsody_of_fire/trolls_in_the_dark_ver2_guitar_pro.htm

This solo is a monster, tab isn't very good but you get the idea:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/rhapsody_of_fire/unholy_warcry_solo_ver2_guitar_pro.htm
Quote by firebird103
"vela together we await the storm" by the human abstract has some tough sweeps in it. check that out

i learned the opening to this. its rediculous.
pretty much every human abstact song.
and yeah, nevermore, dream theater, some trivium. unearth.
these are the bands i like that do good sweeps.
No boundaries-Mab

Hell, anything by mab!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy