Page 1 of 3
So after hearing some clips and other news... I decided to pick up one of these:

Sorry to disappoint, no Diezels or Dumbles or amps made out of gold and platinum, but I gotta say, I like it A LOT better than I expected, however, after realizing that I have 2 4x12s, but already have heads sitting on top of them, I decided it was time to build a mini stack of doom...

I had a deal lined up for a Mesa Thiele roadcab (the cab was built into a road case), for a pretty amazing price, I'd even sent money for it and everything, but the guy backed out of the deal and refunded me my money, saying that he decided to keep it instead

Oh well, I got something quite possibly even more epic, for cheaper...

Enter, the Emperor OS-1x12:

Dare I say... This thing slaughters my Mesa 4x12, with one speaker - a Jensen Electric Lightning. The cab has a HUGE low end and all the fizz that was present with the JCA plugged into my Mesa, is now completely gone. The JCA was on the verge of metal before, through the Mesa, with the gain cranked all the way up, through the Emperor, it has TOO MUCH gain at the same setting. Sounds chunky and full, beastly metal tone. Oh, and this cab is also louder than the Mesa (probably due to the ports making it so directional towards the front). Either way, I'm EXTREMELY satisfied with both purchases. Killer setup for just over $400, that's easily gigable!

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i was expecting another tweaker nad.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by AcousticMirror
hey where's the rest.

Quote by gregs1020
i was expecting another tweaker nad.

I tried one yesterday when I went to GC, it was actually pretty cool... but I like the JCA better
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well the cats out of the bag for derek and me...
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Very nice, haven't heard much about those cabs though.

HNAaCD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Happy new amp day. I also like those amps from what I've heard of them so far. Also, those pictures look great. You must have a nice camera. Or at least, better than mine. XD
Oh man, this makes me want an Emperor cab even more. I first saw Matt Pike using them, and he gets a tremendous sound.

HNAD! Are you gonna mod the JCA down the line or leave it stock?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Pretty cool Derek. HNAD

So what did you end up doing for your birthday and you got clipz?

Went to a fancy hotel for the night, had a fancy breakfast and dinner, swam in the pool

Quote by diceksox1809
Very nice, haven't heard much about those cabs though.

HNAaCD!

They're pretty rare, especially on the used market. All hand built in Chicago.

Quote by patbuck2
Happy new amp day. I also like those amps from what I've heard of them so far. Also, those pictures look great. You must have a nice camera. Or at least, better than mine. XD

Cannon XSi
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Man that cab is sexy. Even for a 1x12. I've heard good things about jet city amps i'm going to try one when i get the chance.
Very nice. That's the amp I plan on getting (unless I change my mind again) after I get my next pay check. I was thinking of getting the Brown Eye modded one but college tuition won't allow. Anywho...

HNAaCD!
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Damn, that's a beastly looking cab!
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Raijouta
Oh man, this makes me want an Emperor cab even more. I first saw Matt Pike using them, and he gets a tremendous sound.

HNAD! Are you gonna mod the JCA down the line or leave it stock?

I'd like to mod it at some point, but $300 for the brown eye mod on an amp that cost me $200 is kinda ridiculous

The only thing this amp really needs is a clean channel, in which case, I might just upgrade to the JCA50 when used ones start rollin around
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Not feelin the h8. Should have gotten the Dumble.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I demand clips of Politician!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I demand clips of Politician!

If I hear one more fucking clip of Politician...
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
HNAD!

The stack looks really nice! Never seen that brand cab before.

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
How much did you get that Emperor for? It looks awesome, and I've been looking for a 1x12 cab to open up my amp choices for when I get a new amp.
Never heard of that speaker or that cab manufacturer. How do you think the Electric Lightning would pair with a Bugera 6262 combo?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
that cab is very cool

how come i dont see mainstream cabs use ports? they look cheap to manufacture to me(2 plastic cylinders? not high tech space age stuff...)

thats assuming the ported speaker is what makes the 1x12 sound so well against a 4x12.
Holy cow, that cab looks sweet. You don't see too many ported guitar cabs. Congrats!
Quote by iampeter

how come i dont see mainstream cabs use ports? they look cheap to manufacture to me(2 plastic cylinders? not high tech space age stuff...)

Yeah, the ports are cheap and plentiful, it's that ported cabs are not exactly easy to design. It takes a lot more knowledge to design and make a ported cab, a lot more than just making a sealed box like most guitar cabs.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Clips of the ported cab or GTFO

i'm really interested in the whole ported cab thing since i've never used one before. Does it make like a shit-tonne of bass? Since i'd assume thats why they use them in a lot of subwoofers
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

they do. my ported cabs will make notes clear that fart out completely on my non ported cabs with the baritone.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
When did you get a ported cab? Also do you know of any slightly more mainstream brands that we might get in Australia?
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

i have 2...I've got a zbest and a port city. I'm not sure if there's that many people making ported cabs.

I know hermida does, bognar/caa have a ported 212 and 112.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by rokket2005
You get the cab from the dude on rt? I was looking at them, mostly the 2x12 he had.

Yeah, I guess he posted it on RT too. I had seen the 2x12 on CL a few weeks ago and messaged him, but that was more than I wanted to pay for an unloaded cab. When the guy with the Thiele backed out, I saw his post on HC and PM'd him up!

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Holy cow, that cab looks sweet. You don't see too many ported guitar cabs. Congrats!

Yeah, the ports are cheap and plentiful, it's that ported cabs are not exactly easy to design. It takes a lot more knowledge to design and make a ported cab, a lot more than just making a sealed box like most guitar cabs.

Yeah, most 1x12 ported cabs are copies of Thieles. They might change the design a bit, but for the most part, all 1x12 ported cabs are the same, design-wise.

Quote by phlip999
How much did you get that Emperor for? It looks awesome, and I've been looking for a 1x12 cab to open up my amp choices for when I get a new amp.

$200.

Quote by FrustratedRocka
Never heard of that speaker or that cab manufacturer. How do you think the Electric Lightning would pair with a Bugera 6262 combo?

I'm really digging them. They were described to me as a cross between a V30 and G12T-75. More balanced mid range, non-ice-picky highs and a nice, chunky, tight lowend. Should sound pretty sweet.

Quote by forsaknazrael
How much should one expect to pay for a 1x12 or 2x12 from them? I wanna get a quote, but I don't wanna look like a tool when they call me and realize I don't have the munnies yet.

If you email them from their website, they email you back really quickly.

Here's what they said when I emailed them about making a matching cab for this one:

"thanks for your interest...

our 1x12's are $375 loaded with our 70 watt stock jensen speaker. We start work with a 50% deposit, turn around is about 3 weeks. Price includes any color stain and grill we offer.
weber 65 watt stock speakers +$25
eminence (most red coat or patriot) +$25
Celestion (g12, v30 or greenbacks) +$75"

There prices have gone up $125 since I emailed them back in '08 Not sure on current prices for the 2x12s.

Quote by AcousticMirror
you think those ports sound different then a port city or a zbest?

No idea, no way in hell I'd ever pay $585 for a 1x12 cabinet.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Clips or it's a Dumble.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by Guitar-KID125
Clips of the ported cab or GTFO

i'm really interested in the whole ported cab thing since i've never used one before. Does it make like a shit-tonne of bass? Since i'd assume thats why they use them in a lot of subwoofers

My Earcandy Buzzbomb is ported, and I'm pretty much in love with it. Yes they bring out the bass, but it's also a little looser. Not really something I would recommend for metal, but otherwise I find it just sounds a lot more fluid and dynamic.
Quote by denied
My Earcandy Buzzbomb is ported, and I'm pretty much in love with it. Yes they bring out the bass, but it's also a little looser. Not really something I would recommend for metal, but otherwise I find it just sounds a lot more fluid and dynamic.

Think it really depends on how high you have the bass set and what the amp is, because the Emperor sounds much tighter than my Mesa 4x12 (yes, yes - Recto cabs are supposedly "loose," never really seen that, aside from using it on amps that are already loose sounding). The Genz Benz G-Flex I used to have was also ported and that thing wasn't loose at all. Of course, I was also using it with an Ampeg VH-140C
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Page 1 of 3