Hey guys,

I'm looking to maybe invest in some recording equipment, and for the microphone situation, I'm thinking about the Samson G-Track and the Snowball. What I like about the G-Track is that it has a direct-in for my guitar so that I can simultaneously record it with my voice. But, I'm wondering if the Blue mics (especially the Snowball) can do a better job at a lower price.

Also, ProTools or Cakewalk?

Thanks!
Guitar: '85 Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Edition
Amp: Line 6 Spider III 30
Pedal: Line 6 FBV Footswitch/Wah/Tuner

I love Jesus! Thank you Lord, for allowing me to play my instrument with the talents you have given me for You.
Don't know much about the yeti, but I can tell you that the snowball by itself isn't the greatest choice if you want to mic your amp. For classic or warm tones it should do ok, but if you want to record a loud amp, or if you want the definition needed in modern rock/metal/prog/whatever you'll need to get a dynamic mic to pair it.
Thanks for the reply! Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm looking at doing acoustic-based music. So, it's not very likely that there's going to be any loud amps involved. Condenser mics, not dynamic.

I love Jesus! Thank you Lord, for allowing me to play my instrument with the talents you have given me for You.
In that case, it should do a nice job. While I've never tried acoustic on mine, the recordings I've heard sound great.
Okay, sounds good. Thanks man.