As long as their new stuff sounds more like their Ocean Avenue type stuff I'll be a happy camper.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
I've jammed Ocean Avenue since I was 13. I actually just lost the CD, as it broke in a car accident. I love every single song this band has came out with (excluding the hardcore punk first 2 albums, which REALLY wasn't Yellowcard.)
Yeah their early stuff wasn't all that bad....but I like any type of punk I do agree they only got better after that era, Ryan taking over on vocals made a world of difference.

Yeah I've rocked Ocean Avenue since I was around 11 or 12. That was their best in my opinion. I played the CD so much it actually snapped in half one day when I got it out of my stereo.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by offthewall91
As long as their new stuff sounds more like their Ocean Avenue type stuff I'll be a happy camper.

Let's not get too hopeful here...they'll never go back to that sound completely. All we can hope for is a bit more simplistic songwriting on their part - IMO though Mendez is a brilliant guitarist, he seems to be pulling the band towards more complex riffs, not always a good thing.

Anyhow. I missed most of the only show I saw them play because my brother nearly got killed in the mosh pit, and my shoulder got dislocated trying to pull him out of there...lol...
Did they get rid of the violin-guy, completely? I sorta missed when that happened. IF that happened...
Quote by KaitoNyappy
Did they get rid of the violin-guy, completely? I sorta missed when that happened. IF that happened...

No, they just integrated him more into the band, so he's less distinctive/audible, instead of being a sort of sideshow freak, as a violinist in a rock band.
"Way Away" was my grade 9 jam. "Life of a Salesman" is pretty good too. Don't really like the rest of their stuff anymore though.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I like it. Tasty song. Hopefully the album turns out nice.
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...
Quote by TheBDanAbstract
I started this forever ago, and bubkis has happened with it, so....

...I'll just leave this here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVUrYCZCwY4

That song has me hopeful for the new album.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291