hey guys,
i was very close to picking up a keeley ts-808 today, and then i was told to check out the fulltone fulldrive 2 od pedal.
Does anyone have any experience with it?

My amp is a fender vibroking, if that helps.
It's gonna be preference. The clipping is different and the FD-2 has the gain boost section. The FD-2 is more dynamic and has a tone closer to the original 808 as well as the flat mids and comp cut modes. The Keeley is nice as well, just less versatile and dynamic. I'd rather have the FD-2 using single coils and the Keeley using humbuckers. Either would work well with the Vibroking, I absolutely love that amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by nyandres
Please consider the maxon od808. That is the original tubesceamer.

The best one IMO is the Maxon vop9.

The circuit has 3 differences from the original Tubescreamer making it the same circuit as the $40 TS7. I'm not sure how many times I'm going to have to explain that to this forum. As a boost they will all sound practically the same except for the Keeley mod or the FD-2 with flat mids turned on. As an OD the difference between the Maxons and Ibanezs stock will be extremely subtle.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by mmolteratx
It's gonna be preference. The clipping is different and the FD-2 has the gain boost section. The FD-2 is more dynamic and has a tone closer to the original 808 as well as the flat mids and comp cut modes. The Keeley is nice as well, just less versatile and dynamic. I'd rather have the FD-2 using single coils and the Keeley using humbuckers. Either would work well with the Vibroking, I absolutely love that amp.

would you say the fulltone is almost like having a separate boost pedal?

I mainly use a strat, but i do use a les paul frequently as well, so I'm hoping that it will sound pretty constant between the two (excluding the obvious differences between the two instruments)
Quote by mmolteratx
The circuit has 3 differences from the original Tubescreamer making it the same circuit as the $40 TS7. I'm not sure how many times I'm going to have to explain that to this forum. As a boost they will all sound practically the same except for the Keeley mod or the FD-2 with flat mids turned on. As an OD the difference between the Maxons and Ibanezs stock will be extremely subtle.

The VOP9 is an awesome clean boost. The other tubescreamers will distort as a clean boost. (the ibanez's that is)
Quote by Mangohabs
would you say the fulltone is almost like having a separate boost pedal?

I mainly use a strat, but i do use a les paul frequently as well, so I'm hoping that it will sound pretty constant between the two (excluding the obvious differences between the two instruments)

Not unless you only use the boost to boost gain. It only works when the pedal is on. You might like the FD-2 with humbuckers, I just personally didn't. All Guitar Centers have them IIRC so you can go try to make sure.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT