Page 1 of 3
He has claimed a new victim.

Here is exhibit A, my first guitar body. a total and complete failure never fit to be anything musical.. so they said..

and with it was discovered an interesting envelope filled with interesting things..

I will return from the shop soon, colleagues.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
i don't care about this build as of yet, but this man is entertaining so stick'd
no sir away a papaya war is on
This will be interesting...

And This was my first thought.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
and so i ventured into the dungeon that is my shop.. and began to work..

oh god.. what have i done..

holes emerged, and it was showing signs of life..

if you realize what it is, dont ruin it for everyone plz :\
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Last edited by conor1148 at Aug 2, 2010,
I know what this looks like, and here are the responses to this thread, in Gif form:

The Readers:

Conor:

The Readers again:

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
thank you, my evil colleagues.

to those who are interested.. there may be another bit of progress...
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

you guys laughed at my cheap-ass-ness when i said i wanted to take the truss rod out of a strat. little did you know i tricked you all! i have bigger plans for a truss-rod-less strat neck!

so i removed that horrible coating of thick black paint... more molesting to come..

Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Yay molesting.

seriously, I am so curious as to what you are doing it hurts.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
Yay molesting.

seriously, I am so curious as to what you are doing it hurts.

good good.. work continues tomorrow, i ran into a small roadblock, may make me have to start over, but its so soon in the build it's ok..
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

is there no interest in this? if so, please let me know, one less forum to post it on..

since you guys are no fun, if someone guesses it ill just start posting pictures like a normal build.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

bastards.

if you cant guess it now, just sorry.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Looks like a mini- Upright bass neck, I'm guessing mandolin? I really have no idea

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
electric violin
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by timbit2006
That guitar neck is pretty ****ed.

the strat neck or the violin one?
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Any ideas for the body shape?

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
I hate to break it to you, but you've made the scale length for an electric guitar WAY too short, and I don't see where your tuners are going to go?

Quote by MonkeyLink07
Any ideas for the body shape?

whatever you guys help me come up with! tell me what you want to see! (this would have been the point i revealed it if you guys hadnt guessed it)

Quote by dandadog
I hate to break it to you, but you've made the scale length for an electric guitar WAY too short, and I don't see where your tuners are going to go?

you bastard, i read it and my first thought was "oh my god, he found a major flaw". then i finished the lines
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by conor1148

you bastard, i read it and my first thought was "oh my god, he found a major flaw". then i finished the lines

Tehehehehe. Seriously though, I love electric violins. Some of the tones you can get from a distorted violin..
indeed. its a shame my last one never worked out. i tried going all piezo with it, this will be all magnetic.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Hmmm...

Well, This is kinda cool, or maybe one just shaped like a LP.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Last edited by MonkeyLink07 at Aug 3, 2010,
Quote by maggot9779
I DARE you to do a Jackson V shaped violin! I DARE you!

please do anything but that.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by maggot9779
Wow, first time i've seen someone build a violin on here. Good luck with it.

im pretty sure i put my build on here the first time i made one

Quote by forstringwonder
please do anything but that.

i agree, and they already make V shaped electric violins.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by conor1148
im pretty sure i put my build on here the first time i made one

i agree, and they already make V shaped electric violins.

Haha, you're kidding?!
Quote by maggot9779
Haha, you're kidding?!

I was thinking that a tele would be cool, Maybe a Corvus shape:

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/780/618137.JPG

Or a Mockingbird!

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by maggot9779
Haha, you're kidding?!

edit- i hear they're comfy as can be.

if i remember, one of Steve Vai's violinist uses one? i cant remember if its the asian girl or the white guy. its one of them.

one day i may fret it like that. lets say that i have a trick up my sleeve to allow me to do it. that and what im using the neck for.

maybe one of you guys can atleast guess that one?
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Last edited by conor1148 at Aug 3, 2010,
Quote by conor1148
Violin

edit- i hear they're comfy as can be.

if i remember, one of Steve Vai's violinist uses one? i cant remember if its the asian girl or the white guy. its one of them.

one day i may fret it like that. lets say that i have a trick up my sleeve to allow me to do it. that and what im using the neck for.

maybe one of you guys can atleast guess that one?

Is your trick the stewmac fret calculator? Hmmm... as for the neck... I really have no idea, maybe you're just reusing it, but it seems I need to think outside the box some more.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by MonkeyLink07
Is your trick the stewmac fret calculator? Hmmm... as for the neck... I really have no idea, maybe you're just reusing it, but it seems I need to think outside the box some more.

the trick is an adjustable bridge. thanks to the dude who makes the guitar-viol, im "borrowing" his design.

the back of the neck will be my new fretboard. the skunk stripe and all. walnut makes a fretboard just fine for my violins.

i think it'll look pretty kickass with a nice finish.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

So what does fretting it have anything to do with an adjustable bridge?

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
makes it easier to get it 100% perfect. remember what a normal violin bridge looks like. the string rests go straight across.

now look at any guitar you own thats properly intonated, i have a strong feeling all it's saddles are not lined up perfect.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Aah, I wasn't thinking about normal violin bridges. How many strings will yours be, what scale length (is it needed if it isn't going to be fretted?), and what are you using for pickups?

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by conor1148
the strat neck or the violin one?

Violin. Doesn't even look like a guitar neck...
..I was watching my death.
Quote by MonkeyLink07
Aah, I wasn't thinking about normal violin bridges. How many strings will yours be, what scale length (is it needed if it isn't going to be fretted?), and what are you using for pickups?

not sure the scale length in inches, but the distance between the nut and the bridge will be 328mm.

im just going with 4 strings since ive honestly never really played much violin, and i finally want to make an instrument fit to learn it on.

pickups will be all magnetic, more than likely spun by me unless another builder wants to try it for some experience. i tried piezo in my first violin and it failed miserably.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Page 1 of 3