Hi UG,

I need help deciding what pickups to buy for said Stratocaster.

I'm replacing the neck single coil and the bridge humbucker.

I need the neck pickup to have a nice fat and vintage vibe feel. Hendrix/Pink Floyd-esque tone is what im aiming for. I play blues so the neck pickup is really essential for my playing.

I would like the humbucker to have a nice PAF type sound. Vintage sound, I guess you could call it. Shimmering clean sounding but doesn't sound weak when overdriven. I was thinking maybe a '57 Classic?

I would like to keep the price for both pickups $200 and under, however if I see something that catches my eye, I'm willing to expand my wallet a little.

Thanks
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Bump

Any ideas?
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Rock monkey guitars 69 special in the neck and a Vintage Original in the bridge.

The 69 special is based on the fatter sounding CBS era pickups with 42awg PE wire with a custom thickness on the wire insulation designed specifically to thicken up your tone. The VO humbucker is based on the original PAF and uses alnico 2 magnets and PE wire. It's fat and warm when overdriven and because I make my own metal parts in house I control the chemical composition of the metal and give the pickup shimmering cleans too.

I could do the lot for $226 including shipping. That's because I'm giving you set prices even though you wouldn't be ordering a full set. Regular price would be $245. I'm recommending this set simply because I think it's exactly what you would be after, not because I make it.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Aug 3, 2010,
^Lots of people absolutely love his pups TS, you definitely want to consider them along with the usual 'boutique' suspects.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs