Hey Guys! If this thread doesn't belong here, can a mod move it to its correct place?

So I am thinking of getting into the recording scene. Right now, just simple acoustic stuff (maybe full band later on down the road). I am looking at buying a decent condenser mic (either a Samson G-Track or Blue Snowball/Yeti) and a program to go with it. Here's my questions:

1. If I buy the mic and CakeWalk Home Studio 7, will I be good to go? Or is there hardware that I would need?

2. Since I'm running a laptop (2.00GB Memory, Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, Intel Dual Core CPU @ 1.73GHz for each core), would Home Studio run on it? I'm also going to buy an external Hard Drive.

3. If I go the Pro Tools route, would I be in the same place? Or would buying an M-Box be the way to go?

4. If I buy an M-Box, does that mean it runs the program for me - taking the stress off my computer? And whats the difference between PT LE and PT M-Powered?

So basically, what do I need to get my feet off the ground and produce something decent?

Thanks!
Guitar: '85 Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Edition
Amp: Line 6 Spider III 30
Pedal: Line 6 FBV Footswitch/Wah/Tuner

I love Jesus! Thank you Lord, for allowing me to play my instrument with the talents you have given me for You.
1) Apart from an interface with a 48v phantom power ? Not really.
2) Easily
3) Pretty much the same
4) Your question is unclear. PT LE is a limited edition whereas M-Powered has all the features. Check the website for more details.

Thanks man! And as for the last question - I just was wondering if the M-Box ran the program with it's hardware instead of my computer. Also, since the mic is USB, do I need an interface?
Guitar: '85 Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Edition
Amp: Line 6 Spider III 30
Pedal: Line 6 FBV Footswitch/Wah/Tuner

I love Jesus! Thank you Lord, for allowing me to play my instrument with the talents you have given me for You.