Hey all,

With the purchase of my Tweaker I have been using my Bad Monkey mainly as a boost but more and more as an overdrive for more grit. However, I know the OCD is nicer for this and has a wider gain range (nice for a one channel amp)

I plan on using the OCD to tighten up my 80s metal leads while also adding more grit for srv and John Mayer tones. If it's heavy for ac/dc type classic rock that's even better.

Please offer input/advice if you can!

Thanks!
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
Eh i really wouldnt use the ocd for tightening up things. it works great as a stand alone distortion or od pedal but not that great for tightening
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Really not a good boost?
Just looking at the frequency response would tell you it's a poor boost for tightening things up. You need a pedal that cuts bass, not one with massive bass output and slightly scooped mids. Just get a TS7. It'd nail the SRV/Mayer tones and is a classic boost pedal.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Having owned both a Bad Monkey and an OCD simultaneously I can tell you that you already own the better boost. The OCD is alright as a standalone od pedal, but it falls on it's face when you try to use it to boost. In this particular regard the Bad Monkey just plain old works better.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Awesome I appreciate it guys. Any idea why I see it recommended as a boost?
People dont know how to use it properly or recommending stuff they dont own and know how to use ?
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
mexican_shred hit the nail on the head. The OCD costs a pretty penny and a lot of people just go off what they hear.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...