This is a bit of a long winded situation, but I've been trying to figure out who's in the right, and who's in the wrong. This involves me and my mom, and how she has nearly disowned me, and I cant stand to be around her anymore. I'm currently 20, and I didn't do so well my freshman year of college. I spent alot of time with a girlfriend at the time, I just wasnt ready to grow up.

Long story short, I ****ed up and had to leave that school and took a semester at community college and got decent grades, just biding my time until this fall when I can get back to the school I didnt do well in. However, the whole time, my mom has been on my ass about every conceivable thing there is. I've had full time jobs, and when I do, I'm not helping around the house enough, or I'm doing too much of this and not enough of that.

If I argue, she tells me I need to start paying for my own place to live and the phone bill and all the insurance on my vehicle. I can understand the place to live, I'll be paying for an apartment here shortly for the fall term; but is the rest unreasonable? How is a full time college student supposed to pay for all of that.

It seems like no matter what I do, it's always wrong. The worst part about all of this is that her and my dad are going through a divorce right now because she's been cheating on him with some guy who is married too. She sits on webcam or on the phone all day with this guy, and anytime I confront her about it, I'm the biggest prick in the world because she raised me.

I've been cheated on before, and part of me feels like I should get out of here and never talk to her again. But she's still my mom. What should I do about all of this?

Thanks alot for any help.
inb4 black guys with glow sticks.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
That sucks.

A) It sounds like your Mom's a bitch. I understand her gettin on your ass about your grades cause that shits important but she obviously can't handle her own shit if she's cheatin on your dad and sittin around all day flickin bean on her webcam.

B) She is under a lot of stress and so are you obviously, so just relax, work your ass off next semester, and show her how well you're doing.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
^ Goddamn it, I was going to post that.

Forrealz though, your mom is a bitch. Assuming this all happens exactly as you explain it, with the chance of it being extremely one sided and all.
Tell her to **** off, she seems like a bitch
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Well I tried to keep it as unbiased as possible. Really there is nothing I can do to win, if I yell, despite the fact that I'm at the age I am, I'm still being "disrespectful", or whatever else she can throw at me. I dont think she's realized that parenting and living in 2010 is a little different than 1970.
I've gone through something similar, except my parents were already divorced.

What I ended up doing was moving out of my mom's house and in with my dad. Now my mom and I get along just fine. After you're gone for a while, she'll realize that she misses you more than she thought she would. Sometimes you both just need your space.

Keep your head up man.
Sounds like she is going through a rough time (even if it is her fault). Seeing you screwing up in school probably didn't help the situation. You might have been doing well lately, but she's still going to remember that you screwed up.

I've known plenty of kids that were paying their way through school while also paying all of their own bills. It's not impossible to do, so it isn't like it's totally unreasonable of her to expect you to do it.
Sounds like you're in the right to me, except she's right to be on your ass about grades and such. She's probably just under a shitload of stress from the divorce, and she just can't deal with it all, and she chooses you to vent her anger on. I'd just bear with it for a while, though I'm a naturally non-confrontational person.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
You watch ts, when you move out she complain even more in how you abandoned her in her time of need, and that you're selfish for moving out and having your own life instead doing housework.
Quote by metalxcore

What I ended up doing was moving out of my mom's house and in with my dad. Now my mom and I get along just fine. After you're gone for a while, she'll realize that she misses you more than she thought she would. Sometimes you both just need your space.

Keep your head up man.

Or this. Its more reasonable and more likely
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Quote by Equilix182
I'm currently 20,
You're old enough to support yourself. If your parents are supporting you, just stfu and don't make waves.

Quote by Equilix182
The worst part about all of this is that her and my dad are going through a divorce right now because she's been cheating on him with some guy who is married too. She sits on webcam or on the phone all day with this guy, and anytime I confront her about it, I'm the biggest prick in the world because she raised me.
None of your business, dude. If she was living in YOUR house and you were supporting her financially, you would have some say in what she does. But that's not the case here.

Remember the golden rule:
He who has the gold, makes the rules.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You're old enough to support yourself. If your parents are supporting you, just stfu and don't make waves.

None of your business, dude. If she was living in YOUR house and you were supporting her financially, you would have some say in what she does. But that's not the case here.

What this guy said.
Leave now. While you still know everything. Don't miss opportunity knocking.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Of course its his business. Imagine how he feels about his mom cheating on his dad.
Quote by metalxcore

Keep your head up man.

this. same when i moved out. Only my parents are still libing togetehr, justnot in love and no cheating.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

have to disagree with your as always well respected opinions, SYK. this is above money and support. this is a family matter at the heart of it. Still being technically under his mothers care, if not so legally or formally, id say he has every right to question his mother over her infidelity and what it has caused in his family.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by Sammythedruggie
Of course its his business. Imagine how he feels about his mom cheating on his dad.

And thusly causing the two to get divorced.