So previously I was looking at a LP shaped guitar, played a few and couldn't actually settle on one. I've since started looking at Ibanez Guitars but the whole model thing confuses me, I liked the look of the RG guitars though. But basically I'm after the following:

24 Fret (not a deal breaker, can use 22)
2 Humbuckers
No Trem (Needs to be used for drop tunings as well as standard e.g. Drop D)
Would like some versatility as it will be used to play many different styles...

Would consider an HSS model or HSH if it'd be that much better. Please no suggestions for a HSS Strat, I used to have a Mexi one and while they're awesome guitars they're not quite what I'm after atm.

Mah Gear
Jackson DK2M -- Washburn X50 ProQ -- Epihone Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

You mustn't have looked very hard if you can't find an ibanez with those specs. Theres quite a few about.
Ibanez rga series.

24 frets
2 humbuckers
fixed bridge
Ibanez RGA 121
Yahama Pacifica -- painted purple and blue
2000 American Standard Strat
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
MXR Phase 90 with R28 switchable mod
USA Big Muff
It's not that I didn't look to hard, I'm just unsure about all the different models. I have no problem looking into it but I'm hoping someone could recommend a model as a starting point....

Mah Gear
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

RGA series? Thanks

Mah Gear
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

artcore series?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
RG's are generally more "shredders" guitars, If you want versatlity, try the S series... only thing is, most of them (if not all) come with a tremolo of some description.
yeah I have no idea where to start myself when it comes to the RG series, theres only about 50 different RG variants per model year >.>

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Quote by glenthemann
yeah I have no idea where to start myself when it comes to the RG series, theres only about 50 different RG variants per model year >.>

Yeah, my thoughts exactly....

Quote by Prodigy179

Cool i'll check some of those out.

Is there anything in particular i need to be wary of when looking at ibanez?

Mah Gear
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

solo 6 schecter hellraiser
they have emgs and they can coil tap
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

he said he wants a ibby.

TS:-check out the darkstone series and the RGA, the 2010 S series now all come with 24 frets but are not hartail. the only thing to look out for is stay away from any series that part of the Gio range (GRG,GAX) these are the bottom of the range and made from the lowest quality materials.
RG1451

/thread
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by OliOsbourne

Schecterz are teh bollocks!

coil taps make everything massively versitile!!!!

proper reply = RG1451.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
RGR321EX is the basic, well-executed strat that suits your specs. Basswood body though.

RGA42 is the archtop version of similar guitar but has active pickups. No coil-splitting either. Body wood: mahogany.

RG1451 is a higher end model with HSH setup and bit different looks. Different neck (more round), better pickups.
Get my Guitar

Art300

Check one of my videos if u wanna hear the sound/look
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Quote by ibanezgod1973
just noticed there`s no budget

I noticed the TS didn't do that either, what an idiot...

Quote by OliOsbourne

Had a look at a Schecter C-1 Plus, not horribly keen on actives at this stage though but will keep the Hellraiser in mind...

Quote by Chris3235
Get my Guitar

Art300

Check one of my videos if u wanna hear the sound/look

I was actually looking at an ART500 the other day. Could probably get it fairly cheap
too. Waiting to hear back on a price...

So the RG1451 seems to be the way to go (and some other models in the mid end of the scale). What would the neck be like compared to say.... a Jackson DK2M? Any idea?

Mah Gear
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

Quote by connorhxcchaos
RG's are generally more "shredders" guitars, If you want versatlity, try the S series... only thing is, most of them (if not all) come with a tremolo of some description.

An rg can be just as versitile as an s and an s is just as much of a shredder guitar than an rg
RG1451,Rg1421,RGA121,RGA321,FR1620,MBM1,MBM2 and PGM 401 considering only prestiges and Signature models..

there are helluva lot more models that I havent mentioned