Ok so im trading a Squier Strat and a Dean 25 watt amp to this guy for his digitech whammy on craigslist. What exactly does this pedal do and is it useful...from what i understand this is a pretty good trade.

ps...for those of you who remember me consudering trading my spider 75 for this guys toneblaster full stack im going to pick it up tomorrow.
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
I find it rather useless myself. I would have kept the squier lol.

It just changes the volume up and down, tom morello uses one I think. If your into strange sounds then it may come of use.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
That is a good deal. The pedal is worth 200 and you'd be lucky to fetch that for what you have to offer. Try and snag a power supply too!

Also (Duh), play test it first!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
It's an expressive pitch-shifter and harmoniser. It's fun.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Last edited by Chikao42 at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by JoePerry4life

It just changes the PITCH up and down, tom morello uses one I think. If your into strange sounds then it may come of use.

Bold for fix. I think they're awesome, but mostly for screwing around making crazy sounds. Although when you really get working with it, you can write some really cool stuff with it. I like using the dive bomb during breakdowns and doing off time pauses, and with the regular pitch shifting, combining that with like sweeps and tapping sounds awesome.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by JoePerry4life

It just changes the volume up and down, tom morello uses one I think. If your into strange sounds then it may come of use.

wat

It's a pitch shifter and harmonizer, not a volume pedal.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
yeah i just listened to one on youtube...its sounds kinda cool..it reminds me of the killing in the name solo that tom does...and the squiers a bullet so its only 100 new anyway and its kinda scratched up
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Sounds like a good trade, but my exerpience with Digitech has basically made me hate Digitech pedals, so I decided to just go be and MXR and Boss ***** once I finish building my pedal board back up. I'd check out the morley Wah pedals or just do what I've decided to do and build your own using some schematics.

I just don find any use for a whammy pedal considering the real thing just works better.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Last edited by Arch1119 at Aug 2, 2010,
So your whammy bar allows you to go up 2 octaves and create harmonies? Where can I get one?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by Karpet King
yeah i just listened to one on youtube...its sounds kinda cool..it reminds me of the killing in the name solo that tom does...and the squiers a bullet so its only 100 new anyway and its kinda scratched up

Thats because he does use a whammy pedal on killing in the name of.
Quote by Arch1119
Sounds like a good trade, but my exerpience with Digitech has basically made me hate Digitech pedals, so I decided to just go be and MXR and Boss ***** once I finish building my pedal board back up. I'd check out the morley Wah pedals or just do what I've decided to do and build your own using some schematics.

I just don find any use for a whammy pedal considering the real thing just works better.

If you do that, can you control it with MIDI like you can the Whammy (I mean without spending more on parts than the real deal costs)? Sometimes it costs more to build your own, especially when MIDI is involved.

Also, the Whammy is good for playing a step down, or making your guitar simulate a Bass (an octave down). That works better with single notes than with chords, though. The harmonizer is really cool, too.

With MIDI you can do all sorts of cool stuff, even make some electronica music if you want (shifting octaves every 16th note, or whatever you want to do).

Your imagination is the limit with that pedal.
Quote by mmolteratx
So your whammy bar allows you to go up 2 octaves and create harmonies? Where can I get one?

Meaning in tone, and I doubt I could find a use for something like that unless I was in a Rage cover band.
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Quote by Arch1119
Meaning in tone, and I doubt I could find a use for something like that unless I was in a Rage cover band.

See the post above you.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

And i'm still saying I wouldn't ever find a use for this pedal, but maybe the TS would. I just gave my opinion on the piece of gear. the nice thing about starting a thread is that your supposed to be the focus of it, therefore, give him the advice rather me.

lol
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
This pedal is useless w/o the right power supply. It won't run on batteries and it uses AC power, not DC (coming out of the transformer). People hear have blown them out trying to use normal DC power supplies.
Quote by jetwash69
With MIDI you can do all sorts of cool stuff, even make some electronica music if you want (shifting octaves every 16th note, or whatever you want to do).

HOLD THE F*CKING PHONE

Is you fo real? Cause if you can really do this kind of stuff...

*buys a whammy and midi controller*

Unless this is possible with a Line 6 M3 as well maybe I just need to get MIDI'd up.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by jetwash69
This pedal is useless w/o the right power supply. It won't run on batteries and it uses AC power, not DC (coming out of the transformer). People hear have blown them out trying to use normal DC power supplies.

AC adapters can be found. The NES for example, uses an AC power adapter. I believe it's 9v and 1A. A little tweaking might be needed, such as for polarity but it's pretty simple stuff.

On a side note, DC doesn't come out of the transformer. It's only DC past the rectifier stage.

Btw, a somewhat easy mod I just came up with... Rather then having to deal with the voltage of a power supply, adding a voltage regulator at the adapter input(on the pedal) could do wonders. Also, it gives you a regulator for every pedals, daisy chains or not. Plus, the price of 7809, 7909, etc is so cheap, yet they're the best out there.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by jetwash69

The Whammy comes with a power supply.

It's a good pedal, but only if you're creative enough to make use of it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by jetwash69
If you do that, can you control it with MIDI like you can the Whammy (I mean without spending more on parts than the real deal costs)? Sometimes it costs more to build your own, especially when MIDI is involved.

Also, the Whammy is good for playing a step down, or making your guitar simulate a Bass (an octave down). That works better with single notes than with chords, though. The harmonizer is really cool, too.

Your imagination is the limit with that pedal.

no, it's not. the whammy has horrible tracking on multiple notes .it's okay for pseudo bass playing, but it is not a capo any more than a whammy bar is.

to TS: if you don't know what it does, you don't need it. how did you know you're geting a good deal?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
no, it's not. the whammy has horrible tracking on multiple notes .it's okay for pseudo bass playing, but it is not a capo any more than a whammy bar is.

That's what I meant about single notes, but not chords. Anyway, a lot of the pros use that "horrible tracking" as part of their signature sound. It's so bad it's almost it's own distortion box. But it's still cool. (Mr White had a lot of success with it in Seven Nation Army simulating bass). And while not a capo or a physical whammy bar, it gives you a lot more versatility than either of those, and a hell of a lot more consistancy and control than any trem system. BTW, all my electric guitars have trems; 3 have Floyd Roses, so there's no reason to think I'd advocate replacing either a capo or a trem system with this pedal.

ChrisBW...I know you can do this with some Line 6 equipment, like some Pods and definitely with the XT; not sure about your gear, though. You can also do it with a computer on Guitar Rig, but it's clunky without the physical control a real pedal gives you. You can also do it with a Digitech GNX4--but you still need the computer w/MIDI software hooked up.

It will do the Muse MOP effect, even though Matt Bellamy uses about $20k in vintage gear to process his guitar signal for that song.
Quote by Jhachey22
how did you know you're geting a good deal?

because i looked it up its 200 new..
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Whammys are great fun. Awesome to use on solos and the whatnot. I used to drive my bandmates crazy when I had one on my board. I'd harmonize myself on leads, go two octaves up during solos, play bass with the bass player...

Ah man. Good times . I wish I still had it..
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--