Hey, I'm wondering if maybe someone is having the same problem as I am or at least knows what might be wrong.

First off I lost the power adapter that originally came with it and when I have tried others I can barely get sound out just some crackling garbage and there is no sign of effects when i step on the pedal. One adapter I tried was wrong in voltage and output current (it was 1.0a and pedal calls for 1.3a) the pedal would light up but that's about it. Another one I have tried has correct voltage and hz but the output current wasn't listed, but regardless same issue there.

I've a triple checked all my cables and have them plugged in the correct jacks, that's for sure.

none of the lights on the pedal are out the pedal is in great shape, and is barely used..

I have also tried recalibrating it based off other posts and no change.

So am I not getting sound because the power adapter is wrong, or is the pedal just busted?
It runs on AC power not DC. There is your problem
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
if you used the wrong adaptor, there is a distinct possibility that it may be fried.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
if you used the wrong adaptor, there is a distinct possibility that it may be fried.

I'm not so sure. When my Whammy's adapter broke I tried it with some others a couple times, and mine is fine. I've heard the Whammy's actually pretty good with power mismatches, in spite of not working, because it regulates power internally.

OP, you need to look up the adapter the Whammy uses and get another one. You can't run it with any other adapter, pretty much.

Here are the specs:

9v AC (important to note; most pedals are 9v DC)
1300 mA current (the Whammy draws somewhere near this amount, so one with less current will not work)
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Aug 3, 2010,
Quote by jrmills87
wow thanks. haha..erm..

What is this supposed to mean? It won't run on a regular power supply because they all run DC power.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator