Hello, Im building a guitar and im just about finished, and i ran into some trouble. I bought a prewired pickguard and on the website, it says "All you need to do is solder the shielded cable to your output jack and the extra black wire to your trem claw or bridge." But im not exactly sure what to do? what wire goes where and whatnot?
I took some pics so hopefully i get some help to figure out where goes what. There are two wires, but i dont know what goes where.

Also, the guitar is a hard tail, so there is no trem claw, i figured i'd just ground it to the bridge itself.

The two wires and the jack:

and the back of the pot:

Thanks
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by xyz66 at Aug 3, 2010,
Quote by maggot9779
Just put the 2nd wire under your bridge so it is touching the metal.

the second one being the white wire right?

what about the other one? where does that go?

Quote by RU Experienced?

^^ about me

bump

sorry, its just that this whole guitar has to be ready for a presentation tomorrow and i want it to get done.
Quote by RU Experienced?

^^ about me

Are you using active pickups? If not, why is there a stereo jack? when you insert a guitar plug into your jack, you should see that there are two parts on the plug, a long cylindrical shaft and a tip part. One of those prongs on the jack should make contact with the tip part.

Follow that prong into the structure of the jack, and it will have a lug attached on the same level. Connect the white wire of wire 1 to that lug.

Then, solder the shielding foil from wire 1, and wire 2 to lug B.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by MonkeyLink07
Are you using active pickups? If not, why is there a stereo jack? when you insert a guitar plug into your jack, you should see that there are two parts on the plug, a long cylindrical shaft and a tip part. One of those prongs on the jack should make contact with the tip part.

Follow that prong into the structure of the jack, and it will have a lug attached on the same level. Connect the white wire of wire 1 to that lug.

Then, solder the shielding foil from wire 1, and wire 2 to lug B.

I did what you told me and thats lug a, so white wire of wire 1 to prong a, then the rest of your instructions?

and they're not active, thats what came with the jack plate, they threw in the jack for free at GFS

edit: so i dont ground anything to the bridge?
Quote by RU Experienced?

^^ about me

Yup, do that. And there's nothing wrong with that kind of jack, it's just, in this case, there is no need for it.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by MonkeyLink07
Yup, do that. And there's nothing wrong with that kind of jack, it's just, in this case, there is no need for it.

Alright, thank you.

but just making sure: I dont need to ground it to the bridge, right?
Quote by RU Experienced?

^^ about me

The bridge should be grounded to either the back of the pot or the sleeve of the jack, unless otherwise instructed, the bridge should always be grounded.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA