Hello UG.

I have got a problem right now that I don't know how to solve and I need some input from you guys on what you would do. (Sorry for Long post)

So here's my dilemma: I have a friend who came to the United States about 2 years ago on a exchange student program. After the school year ended he went Back to Germany and I haven't seen him since. Just this week he has come back to the United States to hang out with me and my group of friends. When he got here he said that he wanted to take a trip down to California (I live in Utah) and go to Six Flags Magic mountain. I looked up prices and if all of my friends go the total cost would be 200 dollars per person. That includes meals, a pass to the park, gas, and a hotel room.

My problem is I don't really want to go. I have to save all the money I can for college and for the remainder of the year. My job is in yard maintenance (mowing lawns, pulling weeds, etc.), so when it gets later in the year and stuff stops growing I'm pretty much out of a job. And no job equals no money. Not only is this an issue of money, I probably won't have fun either. As you may or may not know Magic Mountain is pretty much a Roller Coaster park. I'm not really a fan of Roller Coasters. So I would go down with all my friends, wait in line, and then watch them ride the ride (I've already done this once on a graduation trip). Additionally, for as much as I like my friends I just don't want to hang out with them all day for almost a week. For a day, that's fine, but there are other things I need and want to do.

So given the circumstances would you go on the trip, spend a lot of money that should be saved for college, and most likely not have fun or would you just stay home?

One opinion I've already gotten from my Dad is to just ride it out and go on the trip since I don't see him very often. It's a valid point, but he's staying here for six weeks so it's not like I won't get to hang out with him if I don't go.

Please help UG. I really don't know what to do.
Thank you for your time.
Just say you can't afford it. No shame in that, man.
Check out my band Disturbed
I would go, but thats just because I would enjoy the time with my friends.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Just be honest. Apologize if you must. He should understand.
Two bands I'm obsessed about : Coheed and Cambria.
Quote by StewieSwan
Just say you can't afford it. No shame in that, man.

This.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Wow dude... if I were you, I wouldn't go. But, your reasons sound extremely stupid. But that's you and your reasons, and I'm not you. If it was ME, I would get an actual job instead of summer yardwork, and I love rollercoasters, and hanging out with friends, but since you don't wanna do that then no I would say come up with an excuse and not go.

Learn to like rollercoasters. They're fun.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

I would go, because I've always wanted to go there. I live in Minnesota, so I can't, but at least Cedar Point in only about 12 hours away, and is a superior park.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Wow dude... if I were you, I wouldn't go. But, your reasons sound extremely stupid. But that's you and your reasons, and I'm not you. If it was ME, I would get an actual job instead of summer yardwork, and I love rollercoasters, and hanging out with friends, but since you don't wanna do that then no I would say come up with an excuse and not go.

It is a real job. Yard work is pretty much the only term I could think of to describe my job. I do various other things, I just don't get as much work during the fall and winter as I do during the summer. What's a real job anyways? Working at a the local fast food joint?
Quote by Phat Stud 55
It is a real job. Yard work is pretty much the only term I could think of to describe my job. I do various other things, I just don't get as much work during the fall and winter as I do during the summer. What's a real job anyways? Working at a the local fast food joint?

Yeah, I thought you meant like mowing lawns for neighbors and that's about it lol. Don't you think you should look at getting another job so you can keep making money year round?

Really I can't believe people post threads like this, asking the Pit how to live their lives. You gotta make your own decisions man. But if it were me I would go. Just cause I love roller coasters and spending times with my friends, especially ones I don't see often.

Went to Cedar Point in Ohio last year. That place is the shit man the rides are sick
Quote by Phat Stud 55

Well by the sounds of it, it'd be more of a real job than what you have.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Quote by MakinLattes
just take him to Park City or something.

But it's summer.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Yeah, I thought you meant like mowing lawns for neighbors and that's about it lol. Don't you think you should look at getting another job so you can keep making money year round?

Nah everywhere else pays like $6/hour. I make $12/hour which is a lot better. Plus the hours are nice.
Vegas is closer and you can all enjoy enjoy the "rides" there. Win-win.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by nfrench7fold
Really I can't believe people post threads like this, asking the Pit how to live their lives. You gotta make your own decisions man. But if it were me I would go. Just cause I love roller coasters and spending times with my friends, especially ones I don't see often.

Went to Cedar Point in Ohio last year. That place is the shit man the rides are sick

Just looking for advice man. I will make my own decision, just looking for some outside input.
Say you can't afford it cuz of college and your working, if he wants to pay for your share then go
^ was said while intoxicated, so don't hold it against me.

98% of teens have been around or used alcohol, put this in your signature if you like bagels.
Quote by MakinLattes
they have the zip line and the alpine slide...

Oh I don't live around there, I just thought it was snowboarding and skiing.

TS ziplines and slides are fun, go do that.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way