Newest project from my band. I don't post here much, but I would definitely love some feedback. C&C, please. C4C as well.

http://www.box.net/shared/gr4pf8vmhj

Track is titled "Apollo." The first half of it starts out in 9/8 and the ending buildup before the solo is supposed to change from 4/4 (tapping part) to 6/8, but my bassist got the timing off, so we went with it.

Very first day actually writing the song. It's been fleshed out a bit more and the softer (beginning) part lasts a while longer now, but this was a decent take for a one-time thing... Vocals are being written.
Last edited by Treghc at Aug 3, 2010,
that sounds really good. I thought the parts all flowed really well together, and the solo at the end was very well done. It was a little over the top, but it was tasteful and fit well as the climax of the song.

Would you crit my band's song "Someone you Knew" on my profile? Thanks.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by psychokiller99
Would you crit my band's song "Someone you Knew" on my profile? Thanks.

Being done right now. And thanks

Forgot to mention that there will be vocals for the song. They'll be recorded soon.
Last edited by Treghc at Aug 3, 2010,
Reviewing as I listen.

Wow, Smashing Pumpkins. Apollo sounds a lot like them at least at the beginning and thats the best compliment I can pay, imo. Very nice little chilled out groove you have going. What I like is that it is 9/8 but you aren't making a big deal out of it, in fact I might not be able to tell you if I didn't know. The second more groovy part is really pretty off the wall, but still it seems like you don't waste any notes or time. I like that in a song. That ending solo was really just mindblowing. Obviously the recording is super high quality, but I get the jist of you're going for. Nice job.

C4C?: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1341901
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Sounds quality is due to a single mic being positioned in between my amp, the bassist's amp and the drum set. The input was set too high, so there's clipping near the end.

There's a few messups in there as well, yeah. We don't have the tools to mix properly, so it was done in one take.

I feel the same way about the transition from the beginning to the end. There needs to be a cleaner way to do it. I've been brainstorming ideas but won't get to try them out til I get everyone back in the studio (bassist is gone for a week starting today).

Thanks for the crit though. I'll take it in to consideration.
I'll C4C as soon as I get the chance (this is just a quick hop in before I head out with the lady friend for the evening).
Wow, I thought that was amazing, it really reminded me of Modest Mouse's older songs, in a really good way. The low sound quality even added to the effect, I thought it added to the atmosphere.
Quote by zincabopataurio
Wow, I thought that was amazing, it really reminded me of Modest Mouse's older songs, in a really good way. The low sound quality even added to the effect, I thought it added to the atmosphere.

Interesting. Definitely wasn't thinking Modest Mouse during any of my playing thus far. Haha. Thanks though. Good to hear.
I liked it. The shred at the end comes out of nowhere but fits fairly well. You should really try for a few well placed notes and bends amidst the madness to make it really hit home.

Other than that really solid writing! Reminds me of Explosions in the sky a bit.

c4c on my profile?