I just bought a V-tone gmx212 amp and it seemed like a great deal, i tried it out and it was great. Yesterday i took it to my first jam with my drummer friend and it was just barely loud enough to hear over the drums. All the reviews i read said that its "wicked loud". I was rather unimpressed, but today i noticed that theres only sound coming out of one speaker.

Here are my questions...

- If i replace the non working speaker will it make it loud enough to hear over the drummer? And is there a way to test to make sure that the speaker is bad rather than just bad wiring? theres no buzzing or distorted noise, just silence.
I'd imagine so yeah. These amps are fairly decent cheap amps but i'm not sure about getting over the drums. The non working speaker issue are you sure its wired in correctly? Behringers arent exactly known for build quality.
Quote by coolstoryangus
I'd imagine so yeah. These amps are fairly decent cheap amps but i'm not sure about getting over the drums. The non working speaker issue are you sure its wired in correctly? Behringers arent exactly known for build quality.

Ill have to take the amp apart again tomorrow and check, i had it apart today to fix the lame input jack.

As far as testing the speaker ive heard that if you take a 9v battery and connect it to the speaker posotive and negative youll be able to hear it buzz, meaning the speaker is still good. Anyone know if this is a good way to test it? ive never tried it.
If there's just silence then it's almost definitely a wiring issue. Could be something very simple. And yeah, that combo shouldn't have too much trouble getting over a drummer when working on all cylinders.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Well i got the amp apart and see no wiring issues for the speakers, however i did find that the negative wire coming out of the Footswich jack was cut for whatever reason, probably why that doesnt work.

Any other tips?

EDIT: Seems to be working now.....
Last edited by EJames1226 at Aug 7, 2010,