I really enjoy Lemmy's bass sound, its so aggressive and powerful however its not muddy. When he's live it feels like he just grabs hold of your brain and tears it up! I love it!

So I'm just wondering who else loves Lemmy's sound and also who else enjoys distorting their bass sound to that extent?

I personally enjoy cranking it up and distorting my bass once in a while just to make some noise! Power chords and all!
My Rig:

-Peavey T-40
-Fender Bassman 250/210
-Boss Bass Overdrive ODB-3

"Rock and Roll is the only religion that will never let you down!" - Lemmy Kilmister
my bass players speaker is ripped, so its "distorted" with out the need for expensive pedals
In minor sections of original songs, I really enjoy getting a bit of fuzz and grit, really adds to this angry, heavy and thick atmosphere.
i absolutely love lemmys tone. last week though i had one of those "epic" dreams where miraculous things happen. i was in a fight with gary busey,a random black guy, and lemmy. stab the first two but i ended up in a wrestling match with lemmy.i won the fight using cheap tactics, there was no other way to defeat god himself D:
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by Im_Broken
my bass players speaker is ripped, so its "distorted" with out the need for expensive pedals

and this is a good thing?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I'm not actually a big fan of distortion on bass, but yeah of course Lemmy's sound is godlike. On some songs like Stay Clean or Dead men tell no tales, his "soloing" parts are just perfect. And not only his bass tone is great but he also has the best rock and roll voice ever.
I Lemmy. I really love his playing and his interviews just make me want to go pub crawling with him some time.
Quote by Lazarus.Bird
there's no way you would beat gary busey in a fight. he wrestled a bear once.

he had my family tied to a table (think texas chainsaw massacre) and when he got near i stabbed him with a rusty knife
Dick+strings= owww
Lemmy is a huge influence on me. To put it simple:

Cliff Burton and Steve Harris got me into playing bass. Lemmy and David Ellefson got me into playing pickstyle. Lemmy and Tom Araya got me into playing and singing.

EDIT: @rasveer: you sir have weird dreams lol
Quote by Silveroon009

Cliff Burton and Steve Harris got me into playing bass. Lemmy and David Ellefson got me into playing pickstyle. Lemmy and Tom Araya got me into playing and singing.

EDIT: @rasveer: you sir have weird dreams lol

yeah i do but theyre fun which is why i started writing em down =D

on topic: i totally agree with you but i can't for the life of me sing and play at the same time. Those artists you mentioned have a profound influence on my style as well but it's fun to mess around with different elements of each to create my own sound with it. its cool incorporating it into my band which mainly play surf inspired rockabillyesqe punk.
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by DSM
Do you get that tone with just distortion pedal?

No, but you can almost get there. No matter what you do, the best distortion always comes from an amp, IMHO. It's pretty cool to run your bass through a guitar head with tubes and just add a bass cabinet to it
Baaaaaaazz
i actually read somewhere that what lemmy does is just go crazy with his mids and put them both really high which is how he gets his distinct sound
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by rasveer
i actually read somewhere that what lemmy does is just go crazy with his mids and put them both really high which is how he gets his distinct sound

Tried it, couldn't get the sound yet. I bought a BOSS ODB-3 to try an find something similar, still not quite there yet. The closest I've gotten is this. Listen to the "Grind" one, and even that one isn't exactly there, it sounds more like Robert Trujillo's distortion, but I'm sure with a little EQing I could get a tone somewhat similar to Lemmy's.
Quote by rasveer

He boosts mids, cuts lows and highs, puts presence on max, and only plays on bridge pick up. But that's with massive Marshall amps and Ricks so yeah. It won't work on anything
Quote by Silveroon009

Same as me man, Motorhead, Megadeth, Maiden and Metallica got be into bass, really can't go wrong with the letter 'M'.
My Rig:

-Peavey T-40
-Fender Bassman 250/210
-Boss Bass Overdrive ODB-3

"Rock and Roll is the only religion that will never let you down!" - Lemmy Kilmister