Page 1 of 4
I've been seeing alot of this lately, I have a few friends whose parents let them do drugs and do them woth them. I wouldn't really care if it was just toking and such occasionally but one of my friends parents don't care at all, they condone it, supply him and his friends and his step sister and they allow him to smoke ciggarettes, it even came to the point where last year his fourth grade sister got caught and ELEMENTARY school woth ciggarettes. This just pisses me off to no end. Him and his other soster are both sitting at about .5 grade point averages. I just hate to see someones parents allow them to ruin themselves I guess. I'm not anti-drug by any means, doing it occasionally and recreational is okay. But I think when someone like a parent does it with you 5-6 times a week thats sending a different message.

So I ask you pit, what's your opinion on parents doing drugs with their kids?
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
My friend smokes bud with his mom, he was in my math class and got an eight percent, I lol'd at him.

I could care less what others do with their kids or their own bodies though.
Quote by darkcheef

I could couldn't care less what others do with their kids or their own bodies though.

+1
Meh it's their parenting. Doesn't really affect me.

Maybe it keeps them out of trouble on the street if their mostly smoking up or whatever at home

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
My dad lets me drink with him and even when he's with his rather conservative friends at times. He's awesome
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
we smoke with my friend's dad and play D&D
weird
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by MakinLattes
who would want to use with their parents? how awkward.
Some people are born into drug families, and if you are raised thinking smoking weed everyday is normal... thats just what you will think until you realize most people aren't raised like that.
I iz moderatin teh forums on this site.
I smoke weed with my mom, dad, sister and 2-3 friends every single day.. a half ounce lasts us a week. we all have jobs, my sister goes to school, we are all responsible with ourselves.. its totally cool. I do not see anything wrong with it.
Quote by 7grant2
Some people are born into drug families, and if you are raised thinking smoking weed everyday is normal... thats just what you will think until you realize most people aren't raised like that.

I was raised like that.

I have used drugs with my parents.

it was awkward.
Terrible parenting, in my opinion. But it's their life, their family. I have no right to tell them how to raise their kids.
My sister lets her kids smoke weed with her.
I don't think it's right, but they're not my kids.

edit: Kind of fucked up that she'll do blow and shoot up in front of them though.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Aug 3, 2010,
I wish i could smoke with my parents. Shit would be cool.
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Quote by Ir a+infinitive
Him and his other soster are both sitting at about .5 grade point averages.
Grammar and spelling are usually the first casualties.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Ya know, I really never undestood why anyone tokes up anyway. (Yeah, I've heard all the reasons, and every reason was lame.) But toking up with your kids...*shakes head*
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ya know, I really never undestood why anyone tokes up anyway. (Yeah, I've heard all the reasons, and every reason was lame.) But toking up with your kids...*shakes head*

I don't really understand why anybody drinks or smokes cigarettes either
Now say his name.....
Maybe if I had parents.. Oh what could life be..

But seriously, I don't think it's right, but that's just my opinion, it won't change anything, so why care?
I think it's too weird. But then, I don't use drugs.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I dont mind. I dont really know a case as extreme of yours, but my moms cool with me smoking weed (though she doesnt do it anymore), my dad has mentioned getting together with me to smoke sometime. and they both give me alcohol from time to time.

But as far as my friends go... I have no problem with it
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I was expecting lots of jokes about woth and soster like with ackward and brang.

typed on my iPod.
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
Quote by lordofthefood1
I don't really understand why anybody drinks or smokes cigarettes either

At least most drugs and booze provide an altered state of mind. Cigarettes cause death aaaand.... uh.... gimme a sec, I'll think of something...

Anyway, I've smoked weed with my dad. Not awkward in the slightest, and actually made me feel a bit closer to him. My dad was also one of the guys who did his research and pretty much spent all my young-early teenage life telling me that if I ever did want to smoke weed, to at least wait until I was closer to 17 or 18, and to just ask him.
Quote by Magero
At least most drugs and booze provide an altered state of mind. Cigarettes cause death aaaand.... uh.... gimme a sec, I'll think of something...

Anyway, I've smoked weed with my dad. Not awkward in the slightest, and actually made me feel a bit closer to him. My dad was also one of the guys who did his research and pretty much spent all my young-early teenage life telling me that if I ever did want to smoke weed, to at least wait until I was closer to 17 or 18, and to just ask him.

Mags, I was doing a sarcasm towards that user about how cannabis isn't much different than alcohol or cigarettes. That's a pretty cool story, btw.
Now say his name.....
It gives the impression that they condone them using drugs, thus if the kid gets in trouble, they're gonna blame his parents. Which may even sometimes be part of it cuz their perspective on drugs is influenced by their upbringing.

Either way the most I think a parent should do is, "idc if you do smoke or drink, just don't let me catch you doing it, and don't get in trouble." which isn't the best way to go imo, but it's better then doing drugs with your kid. When I'm a parent I'll have friends to do drink with, and I don't plan on sharing with my kids.

I grew out of smoking weed not long after highschool, cuz I got shit to do.

Edit: plus most kids I know who do stuff with their parents seem more careless about it, they're more likely to get caught, at least in my observations, and guess who's financially responsible? the parents. So sharing with your kids can cost a LOT.
Last edited by stratkat at Aug 3, 2010,
My friends mum doesn't like him going out in town toking incase he gets caught or for safety reasons i guess, so she lets him do it with her at the house. Plus she gets him crazy buds for really cheap so she is basically his dealer too. Its not really awkward though cause i've been there with them having a sesh and his mum takes hits like a champ haha
Quote by voodoochild23
The Pit is one of the most brutally honest places in the universe.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
I demand the nigga nyigguh nukka.

Last edited by funky-flopper at Aug 3, 2010,
I have smoked pot while with my mom, but she did not partake.

Though I am 21 so it's somewhat different.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by pepsi1187
I smoke weed with my mom, dad, sister and 2-3 friends every single day.. a half ounce lasts us a week. we all have jobs, my sister goes to school, we are all responsible with ourselves.. its totally cool. I do not see anything wrong with it.

This to the 5th power.

If my kids have good grades and can hold a job, I don't care if they smoke, they can even smoke with me.
PSN: CaptainZurEnArrh
As a parent myself, I couldn't possibly condone doing drugs with a minor, especially my own kids, but I don't see a problem once that child has grown into an adult.
After all, my own dad wouldn't let me drink alcohol until I was 18 (legal age for drinking in the UK) but once I was 18, he would happily have a pint or two with me.
First off, getting cigarettes for your kid at *any* age is 100% NOT ok

Also I think weed is a great family drug, I know of more than a few family's that would benefit if they'd just chill the **** out and sit down and smoke one together every now and then

Quote by crazysam23_Atax

You just have to try it, it's not like something you'd expect

EDIT: you seem to be 11, give it a few years
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Both my parents let me smoke, and I've gotten drunk with both of them a bunch of times and stoned with my dad a few as well.

I guess they both consider me as a mature friend I've never really thought about it.

Quote by Burningritual
Personally i think it's a disgrace if the kids are younger than 17/18

Personally I think it depends on the kids.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Aug 3, 2010,
i know several people who deal to their parents and/or do drugs with their parents and/or get drugs from their parents, but they are all adults so it's a bit different to your friend's situation.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by Ir a+infinitive
typed on my iPod.

No excuse. For one, it has an auto-spellcheck that I find invaluable. Sure, it gets annoying when you're using a word it doesn't know, but the algorithm eventually adds it to the dictionary if you use it enough.

I don't really care. I think it's weird and totally awkward. I've never toked up before, though. Never actually gotten the chance, and I wouldn't want my first time to be just me doing it alone.
whots the prablem?
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Henkdemachtige
whots the prablem?

I donno yoo tel mee
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Quote by Putrefaction
You just have to try it, it's not like something you'd expect

EDIT: you seem to be 11, give it a few years

I sincerely do not like weed, I used to, but I can't recall why, I guess cuz I was around friends and it was new to me

Anymore it makes me paranoid, I feel anxiety bordering a panic attack, I have uneven breathing from being paranoid about my breathing, overall not a great experience for me.

I prefer adderall, painkillers, anxiety pillz, and alcohol. It might be cuz I can function normally on all those.
Page 1 of 4