Hey all! I know a million of these threads pop up every day, but I still went ahead a made on in the hope that someone can help me out. I'm looking for a new amplifier as the title would suggest. Currently, I'm playing through a Fender Blues Deluxe which I love dearly, but falls short in some areas.

I'm looking for something which will offer me more gain to work with in my sound, and something which has less wattage, allowing for more tweakability.

The ideal sound I'd like to capture with it is a very bright, punchy jazz fusion guitar tone. A lot like the sound these two guys are juicing in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQc7v9-OpN0

(I know that Tom at least is playing through a Mesa Express 5:25, but I've heard some less that great things about them?)

Apologies for the over the top, extensive details, but I figure it's better than to be vague. I really am open to suggestions, and pricing is only relevant as it is in regard to quality.
Not a huge fan of bees
Quote by Gelato
pricing is only relevant as it is in regard to quality.

Please post a budget, unless you want a bunch of people recommending Two-Rocks and Dumbles.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Greg Howe plays through a Cornford Amp,not sure of the model. Also can't help but wonder how muc is in the pedalboard set-up as opposed to the actual amp itself, maybe you can get the tone you are looking for with pedals, not sure that fusiony sound is one that you can get direct into the amp, but I could be wrong.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Please post a budget, unless you want a bunch of people recommending Two-Rocks and Dumbles.

I didn't post one initially since I was only looking for suggestions, but you're right, without it, I leave things a bit too vague. I'd say I wouldn't want to go more than $2500AUD, but I'll likely be searching for something used.

Quote by HendrixClaptonP
Greg Howe plays through a Cornford Amp,not sure of the model. Also can't help but wonder how muc is in the pedalboard set-up as opposed to the actual amp itself, maybe you can get the tone you are looking for with pedals, not sure that fusiony sound is one that you can get direct into the amp, but I could be wrong.

It's a good point. I'd say a lot of these fusion players tone has to do with the huge computer setups they always seem to have? I have thought about hunting down a pedal to get the sound I'm after, but it still leaves a lot for me to desire. I suppose I'm looking for something that is smaller, easier to get a nice sound from, and good to record with. My Fender is just too awkward at times to do those things.
Not a huge fan of bees
Smaller and good to record with? Axe-FX Ultra.
Easier to get a good sound from with more gain, and good to record with? Budda Superdrive, Soldano Atomic 13 or Astroverb, maybe one of the PRS amps.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I play the Mesa 5:25, and lemme tell you...it rocks! I love it to death. The only thing I don't like about it is the reverb could be better, but even so it's still a great deal of an amp!