Page 1 of 2
Sometimes I wonder whether other kids have ever spoken to their parents apart from asking for money for the latest apple device. It seems that the people around me have no personality, and have just absorbed pop music and all the other mainstream crap without having interests in anything before their time. In my class, there is no-one who listens to anything outside of the top 40, they all wear the same brands, they walk around talking about getting laid at 13, and poke fun at people who have never "Gone out" with a girl, and I wonder why they haven't been educated in anything other than their mainstream crap. My parents and relatives etc tell me all sorts of interesting stories about their childhoods, and they show me the music they listened to, and I've kind of absorbed some of that. I've also absorbed morals, and the idea that I shouldn't try and grow up too fast. While there is nothing wrong with pop music, or new brands, I think parents should talk to their kids and stop them being so close minded. Because apparently I'm weird because I like records, I'm a satanist because listen to metal amongst other music, I'm a loser because I haven't had a girlfriend yet, and I'm antisocial because I don't check Facebook every 10 minutes because I'm busy talking to peoples faces, not books of their faces. I'm actually interested in what my parents have to say. Because, you know, my parents are more than just money dispensers.
Inb4 "Cool Story Bro"
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
tl;dr......
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
My Parents beat me
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Sad but true bro, sometimes i feel like i should have born 20 years earlier (think 1980s Bay Area :p)
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Don't think that behaviour is exclusive to your generation, there's always the "mainstream" of music, behaviour, 'morals' e.tc. you just have a different set than people did, let's say, 50 years ago.

There's plenty of people like you too, and people of all shapes and forms.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by CoreysMonster
"Parents these days"? You're 14, what other "days" are you comparing parents and kids to, exactly?

I was just coming in to post that.

I always feel embarrased whenever I use the phrase "these days", and I'm nigh on 24.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by reidhasguitar
That was made illegal here, so parents are now powerless against the tools their children have become

My Dad said I was a tool. A spanner to be precise.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by reidhasguitar
Phrase I picked up.

From your parents? I think it's time to stop listening to them and go get laid and listen to pop, bro.

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Whoah... touché bro, touché.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yes, every child doesn't care about their parents, and every 14 year old should be as mature as you.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by padgea7x
My Dad said I was a tool. A spanner to be precise.

there is nothing more useless than a spanner, it can only untighten one size of nut and pretty much nothing else.

your dad knows tools.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

That's not fair! I was upset about other things, mainly the people mentioned here (being slightly old fashioned is apparently worth being bullied over) and then when that happened I happened to be near the computer, so I ranted about dumb things.
Well, me and my parents talk a lot about all sorts of things (economy, science, ...)
I've definitely taken over some morals and ways of thinking of my parents and a lot of music from them (Velvet Underground, Johnny Cash, The Smiths,...)
This results in similar observations around me that you have (although less extreme). Music is boring when it doesn't have a beat in it, clothes are boring when they aren't extremely brightly coloured,...
Best thing is though, all of my friends are like me, not giving too much about pop music, but listening to what they want (I've got hardcore punk friends and a friend who listens to classical music a lot, so great variety). So I just humour them by talking to them a bit if it's really necessary, but for the rest of the time I tend to ignore them...

But as others have said, this should be more of a blog kind of thing...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by reidhasguitar
That's not fair! I was upset about other things, mainly the people mentioned here (being slightly old fashioned is apparently worth being bullied over) and then when that happened I happened to be near the computer, so I ranted about dumb things.

too late TS, in your other thread you established to be in no way at all "mature" or grown up, you're just a selfish and bratty as all the other kids you're complaining about
Quote by reidhasguitar

Life isn't fair, kid!
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
There we go again.

I'd like to express my own personal opinion about music, mainstream music and underground music in general.

To me, and I'm a Rock n' F"""ing Roll lover and Metal enthusiast, mainstream music is just as good as any other music. The difference is the work you put into it. A pop song might take the artist a few days or a week to finish because there's only this synthesizer and keyboard to deal with in most cases, whilst a Rock/Metal/Blues/Reggae/etc. song probably take a bit longer because more people are involved and more instruments have to be finished to give the all-over of a song. And yet, classic music may be 50 instruments and probably it takes years just to finish one piece.

So, now you think "Hell yeah, then a Rock song is much better because they spend more time on it" and I guess that you can say that, but just because we who like rock thinks that doesn't make it the best. A pop enthusiast might not like to hear long and complicated songs, so it's a matter of opinion. Me myself I love long psychedelic pieces with 12 instruments if possible, but I still wouldn't listen to a classic piece, even though I think it's much better than what I listen to.

Maybe a lot of those who like mainstream KNOW that our music is "better" but just don't like to listen to it because it's too "complicated".
1950 is the best year to be born in - think about it.

And dude - oh my god, every other 13 year old at your school isn't as awesomely mature as you. Lighten up, have some fun.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by reidhasguitar
so I ranted about dumb things.

Like a spoiled child who has no respect for his parents?

Sounds like someone you mention in your OP there dude.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Last edited by metacarpi at Aug 3, 2010,
That's why I don't spend any of my time with people my age. Or any people. Do what you enjoy, ignore them. They're all worthless and weak. Be an original. Be happy that in an age of idiots you're one of the few that knows how to be himself. Good job on that.

Oh nevermind everyone

THIS IS THE KID that started the "My mom bought me pizza! Oh noes! I hate my mom!" Thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1339932
Last edited by PRSfanatic at Aug 3, 2010,
Quote by CoreysMonster
too late TS, in your other thread you established to be in no way at all "mature" or grown up, you're just a selfish and bratty as all the other kids you're complaining about

C'mon give me a break. This is possibly the only time I have ever and probably will ever complain about pizza. I let out my frustrations on a stupid thing, even though it isn't what I should have been complaining about, then I couldn't find the delete button.

Is it too late to claim it was a social experiment?
Quote by seemeel
1950 is the best year to be born in - think about it.

And dude - oh my god, every other 13 year old at your school isn't as awesomely mature as you. Lighten up, have some fun.

I'd say 1949, so you can say you lived through the whole decade.
Quote by Will Swanson
I'd say 1949, so you can say you lived through the whole decade.

Haha, righto, but you get what I'm saying and why I hope.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by reidhasguitar
C'mon give me a break. This is possibly the only time I have ever and probably will ever complain about pizza. I let out my frustrations on a stupid thing, even though it isn't what I should have been complaining about, then I couldn't find the delete button.

Is it too late to claim it was a social experiment?

yup.

And breaks are not given, they're earned. Earned one, you have not.
Quote by duggyrocks

Stop being so high and mighty, just because you dont want to be like the rest of the people your age doesnt make you any better than them

I'm not saying I'm better than them, or that anyone should be super strict and mature all the time, I just wish that people would stop a second and take a moment and listen to something older, or listen to some stories that aren't printed in a glossy magazine.
Quote by seemeel
Haha, righto, but you get what I'm saying and why I hope.

Yes, this was always my birth year of choice.
Aren't you supposed to be tasting cardboard pizza now? And complaining that your mom is horrible because she gets you pizza for your birthday when you want pizza?

Ugh, I hate it when someone tries to make themselves look better after a massive fail.

Admit it, you failed on that thread and you are in no way the mature person you are trying to be.

"Oh looks! I haz 3 guitars!" Well, I have 7. Slash had 100. Many UG'ers have a lot.

That's also very mature.
It sounds like you're just quite a bit more intelligent than the people around you.

Or well, it's not that all mainstream-facebookees are not smart, they're just afraid to accept it. Cause then they have to think about stuff like "death", "God", "what do I want from my life?".

Well, they just don't WANT to think. For this you might envy them.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Quote by reidhasguitar
I'm not saying I'm better than them, or that anyone should be super strict and mature all the time, I just wish that people would stop a second and take a moment and listen to something older, or listen to some stories that aren't printed in a glossy magazine.

why do you care about what people listen or read?
Page 1 of 2