Poll: Which Drug Fuels The Most Musical Creativity For You?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Drug Fuels The Most Musical Creativity For You?
Marijuana (weed, cannabis, pot)
26 22%
MDMA (ecstasy, XTC, X)
3 3%
Psilocybin Mushrooms (shrooms, magic mushrooms)
2 2%
DMT
0 0%
DXM (cough syrup)
1 1%
Cocaine
1 1%
Heroin
0 0%
LSD (acid)
8 7%
Other
7 6%
I don't do drugs
70 59%
Voters: 118.
Page 1 of 2
I think you're gonna be told to go to the Drug Thread, but my answer is LSD nontheless.

This doesn't really apply to writing good songs or playing well, because it's difficult to accomplish things on acid.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Aug 3, 2010,
Quote by CoreysMonster
The drug of love, man.

pretty much...

i hear JBieber speedballs a bit of love when he's in the studio.
yo.

I BELIEVE
I wrote 100 albums while on Acid. I remember the exact concepts, but I don't remember the music/vocals/sound. Most of them were about water and life crisis (ages 20, 40, and 60 are a bitch in my psyche).
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by The_Casinator
I write best when I am sober and still able to recognize what string I am strumming.

Yup
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
I don't do drugs. It'd make my playing sloppy and I wouldn't be able to use theory and whatnot as well
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69
I don't do drugs. It'd make my playing sloppy and I wouldn't be able to use theory and whatnot as well

This is news.

In my experience, I can't be creative on drugs, because I'm too busy being on drugs. I get some awesome shit done when sleep deprived though.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Weed makes me unable to play guitar at all [from what I've tried]. It may make me an amazing player, but all the times I tried it had the effect of making it impossible to play anything - not even chords.

Alcohol increases creativity a little bit.

The best thing though is staying up late. By being slightly tired I find that I play at my best [of course, it could be because I wake up late and this time period is really my late afternoon/early evening period instead of the 1am it actually is.]

EDIT;
Quote by TheBurningFish
This is news.

In my experience, I can't be creative on drugs, because I'm too busy being on drugs. I get some awesome shit done when sleep deprived though.

Exactly the same here.

NOTE: I've also noticed that being TOO tired can have a negative effect on creativity.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Aug 3, 2010,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
+1

Why the hell does that always happen? Only problem is I usually go to sleep before it's finished.

My theory is that it's because your brain is so ****ed over that it can only concentrate on one thing. Who knows? I'm still staying up exponentially late to write stuff though.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I don't take drugs, brah. They fund communism.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I play high all the time.

Perfectly fine....so as a result, im really creative because im high, yet im playing normally.

Its awesome.
Quote by TheBurningFish
I get some awesome shit done when sleep deprived though.

This, lots.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by I.O.T.M
I don't take drugs, brah. They fund communism.

I would consider that an extra motivation to do it.

Not sleeping seems to work for most people , i heard of some famous artists doing this to improve their creativity but i forgot who it was. You are able to play and do shit but you get more creative.
I can sometimes improvise better after a couple of drinks, though I wouldn't do it before a gig. But alcohol isnt on the list...

EDIT: wheres the option that i do drugs and they dont help at all. 'Cause that is probably the truth for a lot of people.
Last edited by Tommy Walker at Aug 3, 2010,
Im not particularly musically creative I'm general, bit a bit weed does help. Not too much though or i just sit there baked.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Meth heads everywhere are feeling like they've been forgotten about again.
Won't somebody please think of the meth heads??

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Drugs don't really make me play better, but they make me think I'm playing better.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
If you're talking creative whilst you're on the drug, then it's weed, hands down. If I'm writing something on cubase and I'm stuck for ideas, I just go and have a little joint in the garden. 4 hours later I'll realise I've finished the piece, and it's ****ing awesome. Weed also makes me very good at improvising and connecting with others.

However, psychedelic drugs and mdma inspire me a hell of a lot for months after the experience, even though I usually can't do much while I'm actually on them. Most of the pieces I've written in the last year are heavily influenced by LSA and ketamine.
I played with a singer once who wouldn't let me on stage unless I was at least a little stoned.

I read a study on goldfish once where they got them drunk and then taught them to find their way through a maze (yes, goldfish do have a memory longer than 45 sec - that's a wive's tale). When they changed the water with fresh they forgot how to do the maze. After adding alcohol again they remembered.
Moral - if you rehearse wasted, play wasted.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Endorphin.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Endorphin.

These got nothin' on Endolphin.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
caffiene
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Cathbard
Meth heads everywhere are feeling like they've been forgotten about again.
Won't somebody please think of the meth heads??

I do, every time I want a hooker but only have like £5.
For me it's beer.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Usually lack of sleep/trying to sleep is when I write my best. Either that or with a nice cup of tea/coffee.

Anything else just tends to make me sleepy/unable to concentrate. Although sometimes just sitting with my pipe like Sherlock Holmes inspires some ideas.
Well outside of alcohol, i have only ever had and probably only ever will smoke weed, and i only do it on rare occasions.

I don't really make up songs while drunk or high, but i tend to love listening to music while drunk, and it sounds even more awesome while high (one of the few things that appeals to me with marijuana), and if i am with friends, i usually go "dude, listen to this song, you'll love it", then half way through the song i just go "oh, man, i gotta show you this song as well", and i'm sure it probably gets annoying.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Weed gives me a shitload of ideas but not the motivation to actually go apply it.

That being said, being *reeeeallly* high and jamming is ****ing SWEET! I just can't write

So I'd say LSD
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Take the cannabis out. Weed works Cannabis doesnt.

I do smoke the smoke weed sometimes, it works but then again, i have days that without that shit i play better.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Weed works Cannabis doesnt.

wat

you're kidding, right?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Take the cannabis out. Weed works Cannabis doesnt.

I do smoke the smoke weed sometimes, it works but then again, i have days that without that shit i play better.

Cannabis is the proper word for weed, dudebro
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

It's lack of sleep and caffeine for me. (yes caffeine is a drug)
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Most good songs I've wrote were when I had been trying to sleep, but couldn't. So I got up and started playing guitar and ended up writing a song.

Only thing I ever done is weed. And it doesnt make much difference to me when writing
A moderate amount of alcohol can increase my desire and enthusiasm for playing. I've written one song while a bit drunk. However, if I go too far then I quickly lose the ability to play properly and my ear goes out the window.
Any other drug I've ever done doesn't really help at all, and to varying degrees impairs my ability to play and my musical ear as well. Like someone else said, usually I'm too busy being on drugs to be creative.
I think solitude is the single most important factor when it comes to opening up to my creativity and letting it flow freely.
Quote by CoreysMonster
The drug of love, man.

Pretty much this.
Or suicial depression, that always works wonders for me too.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Page 1 of 2