I can write one or two lines of ok lyrics but then i am stuck, I just cant think of anything related to it that is even slightly emotional or meaningful
plz help, i am getting really pissed off!
Quote by wottishslash
I can write one or two lines of ok lyrics but then i am stuck, I just cant think of anything related to it that is even slightly emotional or meaningful
plz help, i am getting really pissed off!

Well, one or two lines may be enough for that part, then change to a different subject, depending on what your writing about. Sometimes you can change to the subject of lyrics to another subject. But try and make from 1-2 lines, to 3-4. If you can do that, your lyrics will come together and a song is formed
If you can't think of something meaningful or deep to say, or something to reflect on personally, then you shouldn't be writing songs.

Then again, loads of songwriters don't even know what their lyrics mean, so I guess you could just write whatever.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by HellBoy9393
If you can't think of something meaningful or deep to say, or something to reflect on personally, then you shouldn't be writing popsongs.

Then again, loads of songwriters don't even know what their lyrics mean, so I guess you could just write whatever.

OT: Write 2 lines, do something completely different, and after a while write 2 more and go so one.
Try not to think TOO MUCH while writing, it often interrupts the creative flow. There´s a million things you could write about, you just have to free yourself from trying to hard to make it sound meaningful or logical. Just enjoy the process of writing a song itself, the meaning and the emotions will come naturally.
Honestly, when I can't think of anything to write about, I just don't write for a few days.

Just go out, live your life for a few days then go back to writing.
When you pick up your pen, don't just stare at your paper, think about past experiences that meant a lot to you. Relationships, hearthache, sickness, happiness, worry, anything that means a lot to you; good or bad emotion.
Usually when I only have a few lyrics. Sometimes I wait it out and find some music that I think might work with it. I wrote a line like a month ago and didn't use it until two nights ago and now it's in my bridge. I randomly got a verse and a chorus. So maybe you just need to fiddle with the music or just wait for the song to come to you. Work on a different song for the moment or write chords for something else.
Well I was coming up with lines last night at 2 in the morning I had some lines for a break up/sad song. I was also listening to other people's music[Brand New two nights ago] that I like because I'm inspired by them.
talk to me
and i better not hear a word
do me baby
i better not feel it girl
i still got one bullet left in my nine
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

lovecrimes -- frank ocean

Tumblr
Yeah man, this happens to me too. What I do, is I sit back and relax and just let your mind wander, something will come to you soon enough!
Mistakes happen. How do you think I got here?
write a song about not knowing what to write. I heard a song about that one time. I don't remember who wrote it.