Particularly the 7th and 12th fret.Why is it that can play a fast clean lick in the C minor pentatonic box starting from the 8th fret but not in the B minor pentatonic box starting from the 7th fret? Do these frets require you to mute more? Or is it my amp/guitar?
It depends on what kind of string noise you're experiencing, the 7th and 12th frets are easier spots to accidentally produce harmonics.
However, it could also be your guitar, is it set up properly?
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by Aleksi
It depends on what kind of string noise you're experiencing, the 7th and 12th frets are easier spots to accidentally produce harmonics.
However, it could also be your guitar, is it set up properly?

I think it's properly setup. I play with quite low action (but not silly low until the strings literally sit on frets) but I don't think thats the main cause of the problem.
see it there is any contact between the string and the fret while you hold down the note, if there is try to raise the trem (if you have a floyd rose). if not you might have to adjust the neck
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Quote by 100%
see it there is any contact between the string and the fret while you hold down the note, if there is try to raise the trem (if you have a floyd rose). if not you might have to adjust the neck

Isn't there always contact between string and fret when you fret?
I dont get it . what kinda sound are you talking about ?? and this should be in 'Electric Guitar' section you could get helpp over there