I don't know much about pickups, but I need some new ones as my old ones I've realized aren't worth anything.

I need just a bridge pickup, as it's the one I use the most, and I need to keep it under 40 dollars.

If you could just list a few potential options and what they'd be best for that'd be great.

The guitar is an Ibanez Gio, I believe GRX. It was cheap, but the quality was great for the price.

I am getting a new one next year, but until then I need something new.
40 bucks is too little an amount to spend.

I changed one of my bridges to a Dirty Fingers. They bite.
Quote by Tim the Rocker
40 bucks is too little an amount to spend.

I changed one of my bridges to a Dirty Fingers. They bite.

I might be able to spend a little more, how much do average bridge pickups cost?
Quote by Akao
I might be able to spend a little more, how much do average bridge pickups cost?

about $100 per pickup
Last edited by britishsligean at Aug 3, 2010,
I'm a poor bastard.

I guess I'll have to stick with my bad pickups until I get my new guitar.
What amp are you using?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The 30$ GTA10 from Ibanez, only because my Vox burnt out.
There are quite a few different Dimarzios that you can get for around $60-$70. I play with a Super Distortion in the bridge position myself. Mine was $64 and some change and I ordered it online.
There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams, except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality.

I'm back!
Check out Tonerider.com. You can get a complete set around $100. Listen to the sound clips and see what tone you are looking for. If you decide to get a new set up pickups though read up on how to install them and set the height properly. You don't want the passive pickups too high. Being a strat type guitar the pickups should be around 3/16-5/16 in height.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Unfortunately, pickups won't make much of a difference through that amp. You need a good amp to justify buying new pickups.

Also, when you have a good amp, even your Gio will sound really good. So it's a win-win situation. Just save up your money for a good amp.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Unfortunately, pickups won't make much of a difference through that amp. You need a good amp to justify buying new pickups.

Also, when you have a good amp, even your Gio will sound really good. So it's a win-win situation. Just save up your money for a good amp.

This. Even with new pickups, the notes may sound a bit more clearer, but overall you won't notice any significant difference.
well actually u can get decent pickups for under $40.
http://store.guitarfetish.com/humbuckers.html

They will be better than ur stock pickups but with ur crap beginner amp, u wont notice a huge difference by changing pickups. Save up for a new amp.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt