Does anyone know a good effect pedal that gives a good gain distortion? I have a line 6 spider III and there's no gain distortion built into it. I know i need a new amp but im just gonna save up untill i start band so i can get a better quality amp.

Any suggestions for a gain pedal?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Uhh last time I checked the Spider amps have plenty of distortion patches? Any money that doesn't go towards a new amp is wasted
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Aug 3, 2010,
There are most definitely distortions built into the Spider. You must be doing something wrong.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
there are different distortions inbuilt into the spider, thats the purpose of the amp.
But if you want a pedal, give use more details, what sound youre after what genre you play, what other gear you have, what guitar youre using etc.
the spider 3 doesnt have a pure gain (make it fuzzy), they built it into the spider IV but not the one i have (its not powerful either, only 15W) its a bedrom amp, nothing more nothin less.
I play metal use my esp ltd mh-250. Im really just looking to get that raw fuzz sound but still be able to hear what im playing
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?