Hey,

I'm looking to buy a good sounding, durable, loud, acoustic bass guitar.
Good looks might also help .
I have only a few choices in my country and I need help picking one out.

Washburn AB 40B:

I think: It looks really good, I love it actually..., I've read some reviews.... Not many and they mention it's a good solid guitar, but there might be some trouble with it staying in tune ( not sure if true.... It said the same for my current guitar, and it stays perfectly in tune ) and sound...?

Price: 460 euros

Fender BG-31:

I think: Looks usual... Nothing special. No cutaway, might be a problem I play higher notes a lot. Read some reviews, again, there are not many. It mentiones a good deep sound, good neck.... But nothing much.

Price: 423 euros

J&D ABG-1: (cheap, maybe quality equals price)

I think: Looks ok... I could get used to it. Found nothing on this guitar on the internet...

Price: 177 euros

Oscar Schmidt OB100B (also cheaper)

I think: Look pretty good... Again I didnt find much on it online.

Price: 269 euros
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really need your help. Note that I don't want to buy cheap if it's gonna suck later on.

If anyone has these guitars, experience with either one, I would appreciate opinions.

Thanks a lot!

Fort Ash
I think the AB40 will sort you.

I think it'll do what you want, it's not PRO. But it will last and sound good.

And with the tuning problem, it's not as in, in the middle of a song it goes. it just de-tunes in a day rather than two or so.

All I can recommend is string your strings in the "lock" manner and also leave it out when you're gigging before and after sound check until when you play, just so it can take the temperature well.
I think the AB40 will sort you.

I think it'll do what you want, it's not PRO. But it will last and sound good.

And with the tuning problem, it's not as in, in the middle of a song it goes. it just de-tunes in a day rather than two or so.

All I can recommend is string your strings in the "lock" manner and also leave it out when you're gigging before and after sound check until when you play, just so it can take the temperature well.

Hey,

Most appreciated... Now I'm sure to buy this one.
I just found out that a friend could possibly get me 150 € discount at the store so it's only going to be 300 € .

Thanks a million!

Fort Ash
Hey,

Thanks for those remarks.
I realize that I cannot really play the bass to acompany an acoustic, but I need something I can travel with and play anywhere. I'd need something like Warwick Alien or an upright for that.... For other things I have an amp fit for the job.

And as I said not much choice here in Slovenia .

Thanks,

Fort Ash
Hey,

Thanks again for the feedback. I am going to try before I buy, cuz there are some other options aswell.
Heh, Alien's my dream bass.... But I cant get it in Slovenia and its darn expensive aswell. Anyways....

Thanks for all the help again, and for the good wishes.

Fort Ash