So I'm in the mood to learn something challenging to take my guitar skills to the next level. I've been playing guitar for about 6-7 years now and I'd say I'm a pretty good player.

I'd love to learn more of the solo/shredding department but I've never known were to begin. So that's where you guys come into play
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
So I'm in the mood to learn something challenging to take my guitar skills to the next level. I've been playing guitar for about 6-7 years now and I'd say I'm a pretty good player.

I'd love to learn more of the solo/shredding department but I've never known were to begin. So that's where you guys come into play

So are you asking for video lessons for solos?

If you are, I'd say try to learn Under a Glass Moon. Petrucci gives a half-assed lesson on the harder parts of the solo.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Video lessons? If you mean like DVDs and such id say check out Speed lives series with MAB . Extreme metal soloing with Andy James .
I mean anything. It can be dvd's or videos online from youtube or whatnot. I'm a big fan of Petrucci and Gilbert.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
I mean anything. It can be dvd's or videos online from youtube or whatnot. I'm a big fan of Petrucci and Gilbert.

In that case, if you haven't seen it already, you should watch Petrucci's Rock Discipline DVD. Aside from lessons, it helped me progress the most. And check out Gilbert's Get Out Of My Yard and Intense Rock DVDs.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.