I saw this on a forum called VintAxe and thought I'd re post it...

Original Poster:

"For $50 with shipping I guess I shouldn't have been surprised."

"It actually cleaned up quite well and I traded it for the Kay cutaway flattop seen in my other thread."

Poster 2:

"'ve receieved guitars packaged similar to this one a few times. It seems to happen with inexpensive instruments where the owners appear to know little about guitars.

My absolute worst packaging job was on a $100 Teisco hollowbody. The owner wrapped the guitar in a layer of 2" foam rubber and secured it with a half roll of duct tape. I was shocked that the shipping company would even accept this foam egg for shipment.

The weird shape must have earned the guitar a ride on the top of the load since it arrived intact. If any weight would have been placed on it at all it would have been crushed.

Glad your purchase worked out."

Well, discuss?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Aug 3, 2010,
Yea no pics
Live Guitars and Amps:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Es-335
Fender Telecaster
Matchless Dc-30
Vox AC30H2
Pedals:
Boss Tuner
Keeley Compressor
Kelley Katana
Ibanez Ts-9
Fulltone OCD
Ernieball Volume Jr.
Boss DD-20
jesus.

reminds me of the time they mailed my friend a $400 motherboard for his computer with no packaging aside from the box it comes in. so the whole world could see what it was, apparently no one in UPS knows anything about computer building or that thing wouldda been jacked and put on ebay.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Very nice package job right there, loving the ducktape, and the box lol. Some people really need to have their brains examined if they actually thought that was adequate packaging.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by onemanarmy9
Very nice package job right there, loving the ducktape, and the box lol. Some people really need to have their brains examined if they actually thought that was adequate packaging.

It was shipped in 2007, I'm wondering how it was even acceptable for shipping.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Aug 4, 2010,