So I was in Halfords today and I was gonna buy some stuff with there buy one get one free offer they have on there website. I just loath paying for delivery.

When I get in the shop however its 3 for the price of 2. Not BOGOF. So I checked there instore brochure and low and behold they say its BOGOF as well.

Where do I stand with his as a customer? Can I "demand" BOGOF since its advertised in multiple places. Seen a TV add a week or so ago. How would I go about it? speak to the manager?

PSN ID: ArranP
Um.. technically you are still buying one and getting one free.

Devil's in the details man. And by details I mean "pretty obvious shit".
Not really.

3 for 2 is you buy three for the price of two.

Buy 1 get 1 free is you buy one, and get an identical free.

Very different things

there =/= their
its =/= it's
lo =/= low
his =/= this

And to answer your question, I would check-out with what it is that's BOGOF and have the ad in hand to show them if they ring up a different price. If they still object then you can ask for their manager.
Quote by apmaman
Not really.

3 for 2 is you buy three for the price of two.

Buy 1 get 1 free is you buy one, and get an identical free.

Very different things

You're still buying 1 and getting one 1 free. It just also happens that you have to buy two.
if it says BOGOF they HAVE to sell it to you BOGOF same applies to prices if some stupid worker marks something up at £9.99 instead of £99.99 you're going to get change from a tenner because it's their fault not yours. point out that it says it in the brochure and you WILL get it BOGOF. or should do by law.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I would just buy two things, make a big deal out of not getting your free item, make them give in, walk out with it. That is, of course, if they continue to refuse you. It says "Buy one, get one free" not "buy two, get one free".

That's just how I see it.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Most Scottish thread ever
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Dempsey68
if it says BOGOF they HAVE to sell it to you BOGOF same applies to prices if some stupid worker marks something up at £9.99 instead of £99.99 you're going to get change from a tenner because it's their fault not yours. point out that it says it in the brochure and you WILL get it BOGOF. or should do by law.

No. No. No. And no. They don't have to sell anybody anything, if they're going to lose money, especially of that magnitude, on a sale, they are well within their rights to simply not sell it to anyone. Most retailers will honour the price/offer to avoid pissing people off, however.
Watching: Louie
Playing: Ground Zeroes, Fallout Shelter
Reading: Mark Danielewski - House of Leaves
Listening: Merrow

PSN/XBL/facebook/Steam : Latchem72
Origin/Twitter: JLatchem72
Quote by TheBurningFish
Most Scottish thread ever

Being tight fisted?

Oh of course!