I got a crappy Line 6 15 watt amp. i tried playing the amp through some decent speakers and it was bliss compared to the cabinet in this itty bitty amp. TOne and distortion are great. now, is it worth buying a power amp and a marshall cabinet and ripping the head out of the Line 6 and putting that combo together?
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
I used to use a Cube 30, Fame 600 Watt Poweramp, and Fame 4x12 Cab. Poweramp and cab were just 300 euro, and was insanely loud and pretty decent sounding. Our other guitarist still uses this setup. I myself moved on to a Engl Powerball. I'm not sure on doing it with a Line6 though, our previous guitarist ran a Line 6 60 Watt or something through a Fame 600 Watt Poweramp, and 2 Krank cabinets. It sounded crapier then the cube, but that might just be his EQ (He was the turn gain, low and high to full and mid to nothing type)
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
if you're asking if its worth attaching the effects processor and pre amp to a marshall power amp, the probably not. the effects still have a pretty cheap sounding digital sound, and the pre amp is not very versatile.

you'd probably be better off investing in a head + cab and maybe some pedals if you want a better sound. but hey, if you want to tear apart a spider amp, then by all means do it!
one less spider in the world is a thing to rejoice over!
but no really, you can most like tear it apart, and use it in an amps effects loop by using a line and and out simply thought he effects processor. you wouldn't have the best sounding effects in the world, but it'll be something until you can get pedals or whatever you want to use!
Quote by pinguinpanic
I used to use a Cube 30, Fame 600 Watt Poweramp, and Fame 4x12 Cab. Poweramp and cab were just 300 euro, and was insanely loud and pretty decent sounding. Our other guitarist still uses this setup. I myself moved on to a Engl Powerball. I'm not sure on doing it with a Line6 though, our previous guitarist ran a Line 6 60 Watt or something through a Fame 600 Watt Poweramp, and 2 Krank cabinets. It sounded crapier then the cube, but that might just be his EQ (He was the turn gain, low and high to full and mid to nothing type)

holy cow. thats insane. i tried just plugging in my amp up with a marshall cabinet before, through the line out jack, and what little bit i could hear sounded pretty nice for such a cheap set up. i just need power. total cost for this set up would be 200 bucks. Used cabinet and a used power amp.
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by User_Name336
if you're asking if its worth attaching the effects processor and pre amp to a marshall power amp, the probably not. the effects still have a pretty cheap sounding digital sound, and the pre amp is not very versatile.

you'd probably be better off investing in a head + cab and maybe some pedals if you want a better sound. but hey, if you want to tear apart a spider amp, then by all means do it!
one less spider in the world is a thing to rejoice over!
but no really, you can most like tear it apart, and use it in an amps effects loop by using a line and and out simply thought he effects processor. you wouldn't have the best sounding effects in the world, but it'll be something until you can get pedals or whatever you want to use!

i bought the amp because it was super cheap, and i was just starting out. now its been 5 years playing this guitar, and 3 years on this amp. the distortion and clean sound great, i certainly didnt get it for anything but a touch of reverb, and i love the sound of the insane distortion channel, the only problem was was it was too quiet. i dont use many effects, if any at all.
Quote by mullet1337
Don't do it.
If anything, maybe get a 1x12 or 1x10 or something, that should clear up the muddiness if you get a decent speaker and cab.
Other than that, get a new amp altogether. It'll be worth it.
Quote by Steve46
thanks alot ice condition!! your the breast!

The best bosom in all of UG.
Quote by james4
also, don't plug the new cabinet in through the line out on your amp.

disconnect the speaker thats in your current combo, and connect the new cab to THAT

I thought about getting someone to wire that for me, a female jack for the cab's wire. that was a question that was going to come. thanks bro!
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by james4
no problem, man

it's not really hard to do at all, either. literally drill one hole, and solder 2 spots

coolio. i bet i could do that.
Quote by mullet1337

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by james4
also, don't plug the new cabinet in through the line out on your amp.

disconnect the speaker thats in your current combo, and connect the new cab to THAT

This.
Additionally, it is not a good idea to plug a speaker out jack into a power amp. Daisy chaining amps can result in smoke and tears.

It was not clear to me how you were connecting your Line6 to the power amp, but I want sure.
If your question is whether it is worth the effort and expense to open up the Line6 and wire a Marshall power amp into the circuit, I say absolutely not.