NAY!
100 63%
I DON'T CARE!
27 17%
WHY ARE THESE ALL IN CAPS?
16 10%
Voters: 158.
Page 1 of 2
So, the television industry's pushing hard to get 3D TV out there, though I can't help but think it's just trying to combat piracy. It doesn't seem like an appealing idea to me either. I don't want to have to where stupid glasses just so I can see Bruce Forsyth's chin sticking out at me, Jesus, it seems 3D enough as it is.

So, what are your thoughts?
hello
Depends, Some things will suck at 3D.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Depends, Some things will suck at 3D.

Like the Home Shopping Network
love is love // return to dust
From the 3D I've seen it's cool enough but at the moment hardly seems worth it. But if they push it and improve it then 3D could become great in the future.

I wouldn't go for it myself at the moment so nay.

Don't see why they're pushing 3D so much when HD is still a relatively new thing. Would probably make more sense to lower the cost of HD and expand it's usage than skipping to 3D.
Last edited by aaronni at Aug 3, 2010,
if people want to throw down for it, why not? I wouldn't, though. I'm too prone to motion sickness.
Video games YAY!
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by cornmancer
This

Yeah, Who doesnt want to see huge penises in 3D?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Nay.Those 3d glasses are ridiculously expensive plus the technologies not quite there.
I vote nay until the technology improves and becomes more affordable.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
3D sport looks amazing, so yes please
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
next is going to be 3D sound.
Technology is advancing a bit fast for its own good.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
I looked at the poll results just to see what everyone else's opinions were, because honestly, I didn't care. But then I saw that no one voted for the joke option...

*voted for the joke option*

Quote by kcorkcar

I herd u liek surround sound?
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Aug 3, 2010,
most movies in 3D weren't much better (some were actually worse) than the regular ones. i've only seen one, maybe two 3D movies so far that i found were better (monsters vs aliens, and cloudy with a chance of meatballs). i've seen a lot of those cartoons in 3D and those were the only two that were worth it. the rest just sucked visually. and from what i hear, the glasses give a lot of people headaches.

until the technology gets to the point where you can see things from multiple angles, and it actually looks like something is coming out at you (i'm talking about holograms here! haha), it wont be worth being invested in.

sorry but pass!
Quote by SayAnything
Nay.Those 3d glasses are ridiculously expensive plus the technologies not quite there.

no theyre not
Quote by aaronni
From the 3D I've seen it's cool enough but at the moment hardly seems worth it. But if they push it and improve it then 3D could become great in the future.

I wouldn't go for it myself at the moment so nay.

Don't see why they're pushing 3D so much when HD is still a relatively new thing. Would probably make more sense to lower the cost of HD and expand it's usage than skipping to 3D.

Exactly. Right now 3D is still what it always has been - a gimmick. HD is where it's at.

Though I voted for the one doubting your caps.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SG_dave
Me, i'll be focusing on the women. Queer in the closet i think you may be HMMMMMMMMMMM!

Its different vaginas arent 25 cm long, if they focus on the penis it'll be like a harpoon is headed your way.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by kcorkcar

Surround sound? It's been around for... years.

Anyway on topic.. 3D.. a bit fat NAY.

All this retrofitting of 3D onto films designed and filmed for 2D is bullshit. 3D just detracts and distracts from the content of what you're watching IMO. No thanks.
I would not do this. All channels are still in the workings of updgrading to HD. Only a few networks are broadcasting in HD atm, most are still in Standard Definition. I would wait. It will be a few years until 3D is broadcast by more than just Sky, and a few more until it becomes a decent quality of 3D and technology gets more affordable
Gear
- Ibanez SZ720FM (w/ Seymour Duncan AHB-1 blackouts)
- Boss TU-2
- MXR M116 (Fullbore Metal)
- Boss CE-2
- Digitech HardWire DL-8
- Boss NS-2
- Marshall MG100DFX (w/ 2-way Footswitch)
- Peavey PVi100
Quote by vagelier
no theyre not

they might be, for example, less expensive than a Lamborghini Diablo...

...but they are glasses! $150-$200 for some f*cking glasses!
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Nay. I don't like 3D movies, and the idea of 3D video games just doesn't do it for me. I'm fine playing them on a 40 inch 1080p TV. From what I've heard the resolution drops with 3D games, so thats enough to put me off.
The only 3D thing that I'm interested in in the Nintendo 3DS. I hate going to the cinema and wearing those stupid glasses
Quote by the_hoodster
Nay, 3D would get extremely irritating a lot like surround sound.

How is surround sound irritating? I use mine all the time, as long as you have a decent system its awesome.
Quote by Thrill-house
Nay. I don't like 3D movies, and the idea of 3D video games just doesn't do it for me. I'm fine playing them on a 40 inch 1080p TV. From what I've heard the resolution drops with 3D games, so thats enough to put me off.

You heard about the guy who used a Wii to make a much more realistic flat 3D that moves with you? Cool cool stuff, and I think those principles have a good chance to apply to the future of motion-sensitive gaming.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Don_Humpador
Just buy one blue contact lens and one red contact lens. Sorted.

doesn't that just change the colour of your eyes and not everything else?
i don't know since i don't wear contacts...
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by untalented
doesn't that just change the colour of your eyes and not everything else?
i don't know since i don't wear contacts...

Can't you get really cheap ones from like joke shops that are actually red or blue? :/
Quote by Thrill-house
How is surround sound irritating? I use mine all the time, as long as you have a decent system its awesome.

It just gets on my nerves when I'm trying to watching something and all these sounds of cars are flying past me. It's fine if I were to watch a film and I was in the right mood but otherwise I don't particularly enjoy it.
Quote by the_hoodster
Nay, 3D would get extremely irritating a lot like surround sound.
I know what you mean. I prefer my sound in mono form, coming out from a 8ohm .1watt speaker. None of that fancy surround sound shit.
Another thing is it's taking long enough for HD to become universal. A lot of people have HD TVs and now the industry is bringing out a new, what they hope will be, standard format. It's too soon.
hello
I don't see why it's happening. The film industry is realising now that it's been a waste of time- Avatar in 3D was huge and made loads of money, but the amount of people who go to see the 3D screenings of movies since that is getting lower, and now it's below half.

It's shit anyway.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I'm fine without it.

I don't even care to see 3D movies most of the time. I've only been to one or two, and it wasn't that much better than watching a regular movie.

Quote by opc100
Another thing is it's taking long enough for HD to become universal. A lot of people have HD TVs and now the industry is bringing out a new, what they hope will be, standard format. It's too soon.

Cable companies need to stop charging extra for HD. It should be standard by now. It isn't like it's brand new technology.
Quote by SteveHouse
You heard about the guy who used a Wii to make a much more realistic flat 3D that moves with you? Cool cool stuff, and I think those principles have a good chance to apply to the future of motion-sensitive gaming.

I haven't heard about that but I'll check it out. I did read about how the 3D version of Kill-Zone 3 (ps3) will only be 720p compared to 1080p on the normal version.
Page 1 of 2