Today I tried out an S series, and I absolutely loved the way it feels. It was one of the lower end versions (s320 or something) so I've been looking around on the internet and found lots of different versions, with lots of different price tags, but look to be essentially the same guitar that I played earlier. They all have essentially the same specs, except some of them have a top and a different finish. Is this all that is different between them, or am I missing something here
Last edited by Aleene at Aug 3, 2010,
yes you are missing loads of info, the really expensive ones are prestige guitars, made in Japan from the highest quality materials, even in the non prestige stuff there are differences that justify the price differences...go and take a look at the ibanez site and use the compare feature.
Quote by Aleene
They all have essentially the same specs, except some of them have a top and a different finish. Is this all that is different between them, or am I missing something here

The different models all have different specs. The general shape and look is the same, but the hardware/pickups/body woods and place of production varies.