Hey there.
So I was wondering who are your biggest inspirations? At the moment, mine is Andy Mckee, even though I can't play a single one of his songs. And tbh, I've always had a soft spot for James Morrison, Taylor Swift and Paolo Nutini. So what are yours?
Muse, Mathhew Bellamy in general
He's an amazing singer/songwriter

Mathhew Tuck from Bullet for my Valentine

Paul Gilbert, Synyster Gates (Avenges Sevenfold)

The both of them are so amazin

Yeah, thats it, pretty much
Quote by lordoftheflakes
Muse, Mathhew Bellamy in general
He's an amazing singer/songwriter

Mathhew Tuck from Bullet for my Valentine

Paul Gilbert, Synyster Gates (Avenges Sevenfold)

The both of them are so amazin

Yeah, thats it, pretty much

Very nice choices . I'm not a fan of any of them really, but I have heard their work and it is pretty amazing, especially Matthew Bellamy .
Another one of mine is Jason Lancaster, of Mayday Parade, I love the lyrics to his songs .
I started playing at the tail end of the "folk boom" way back when, so there were a lot of artists like Lightfoot, Dylan, Bob Gibson, Dave Van Ronk, even Joan Baez and Joni Mitchell.
Just a bit later, I got into bluegrass and greatly admired Doc Watson, Clarence White, and folks like that.
Dave Matthews is probably my biggest influence. Even though I rarely learn much of his stuff anymore, he was the first musician to really grab my interest when I was younger. So, he will always be my biggest inspiration.

Lately, though, I've been getting more into stuff by Doyle Dykes and Laurence Juber. Both of which as phenomenal guitarists.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
Tommy Emmanuel, Such an incredibly talented and charismatic performer. I could watch his videos all day! And i will try the rest of my life to even be 1/100th of the musician he is!
Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson (especially, dude's so chill), Eddie Vedder, Jimmy Page, Glen Hansard
Gear:
Jasmine ES33C
Hamer Sunburst Archtop Flametop
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Fender Frontman 25R
I listen to alot of musicians, but not every single one of them have inspired my guitar playing. Some, I just listen to for entertainment. My number one influence for playing guitar is John Mayer. My other influences include The Killers, Green Day, Billy Talent, Three Days Grace, Switchfoot and Jason Mraz. But John Mayer was who influenced me to develop my guitar skills a bit higher than Green Day's power chords. (I still love Green Day though lol) I have many influences, but the ones that stand out are listed here.
Happy Playing!
Brandon-Richard
The Killers and Arctic Monkeys, but Mainly The Killers

The bassline in Jenny Was a Friend of Mine was the song that made me think "I wish I could play that on an instrument" so I began playing bass
● ● ●
● ● ●
● ● ●
● ● ●
● ● ●.........● ● ●
● ● ●.......● ● ●
● ● ● ● ● ● ●
● ● ● ● ● ●
● ● ● ● ● ● ●
● ● ●.......● ● ●
● ● ●.........● ● ●
● ● ●.........● ● ●
● ● ●.........● ● ●
My inspirations are any and all who play a truly beautiful piece of guitar.

Most of the time it's people like Michael Hedges, Julian Bream, Kazuhito Yamashita, Antoine Dufour, Ida Presti etc.
As far as influencing my guitar playing id say israel haughton is probably my biggest right now but also musiq soulchild, paulo nutini, tim hughes, matt redman, india aire andim sure much much more.
Well, I like a lot of songwriters who are not particularly gifted guitarists... Guys like John Prine and Guy Clark and Tom Russell.

For pickers, I have always greatly admired Doc Watson not only for his speed and fluidity but also his great sense of musicality.
Mark Knopfler I consider a transcendent genius...
Chris Smither is a very fine songwriter and fingerstyle player as well.
Tony Rice is one fine flatpicker.