Page 1 of 2
Charging money (or at least that much money) for water at festivals and shows is wrong on so many levels. There really should be laws against that...
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
Charging money (or at least that much money) for water at festivals and shows is wrong on so many levels. There really should be laws against that...

I'm fairly certain that clean water has to be on offer everywhere it is a possibility according to the Geneva convention.

Saying that nobody sticks to those laws, I mean if you went to someone's house and said you needed a shit they should have to let you in...I doubt it though.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
I'm fairly certain that clean water has to be on offer everywhere it is a possibility according to the Geneva convention.

Better laws then
Quote by Todd Hart
Saying that nobody sticks to those laws, I mean if you went to someone's house and said you needed a shit they should have to let you in...I doubt it though.
If they refuse you can squeeze one out on their stoop and say it's their own damned fault.
Thats ****ing ludicrous.

Somebody NEEDS to take action against Vans, there should at least be free water everywhere. Its a basic human necessity.
Quote by RU Experienced?
If they refuse you can squeeze one out on their stoop and say it's their own damned fault.

To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
It's too bad all the bands playing warped tour use all the drinking water to water down their music - they should try and leave some for the fans.
What was a 26 year old doing at Warped Tour? Suspicious...
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by TEK34
That's ridiculous, the very least they should have is a lot of water points to refill bottles.

they do have those. at least they did at my venue last year. it's just people that sell bottled water for outrageous amounts of cash. nothing says you can't bring your own bottle in.
Quote by Vornik
What was a 26 year old doing at Warped Tour? Suspicious...

Was he scouting for the "material" that would be available in the next 5 years?

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by technicolour
It's too bad all the bands playing warped tour use all the drinking water to water down their music - they should try and leave some for the fans.

Oh God.

I'm not laughing. That is...just awful...
Quote by MakinLattes
at least he died doing what he loved.

Being dehydrated and desperate for water?
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Quote by Nomack
Being dehydrated and desperate for water?

Kinky stuff.

But really, you know what he meant
Yeah Warped tour is ridiculous. Ten dollars for water is crazy.

Times like this I think of the Lawrence Arms.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
It's a shame. Insane prices for water are the same at many festivals. I doubt anything will be done about this.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Way Cool JR.
This is why I never go to any of these stupid festivals!! All that it is is a big fuc*n money making scam to lure people in with bands they like and charge them out the ass for basic necessities. I poop on all there faces after a big jug of prune juice.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Quote by asator
Kinky stuff.

But really, you know what he meant

I did actually mean being dehydrated. it's an experience many would die for.
Quote by MakinLattes

OH HO, HE FUNNY
Quote by MakinLattes

Water is for pussies. I think that Real men Really drink Real drinks that alter their Reality, Really.
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Quote by technicolour

Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Thats ****ing ludicrous.

Somebody NEEDS to take action against Vans, there should at least be free water everywhere. Its a basic human necessity.

Quote by element4433
Yeah Warped tour is ridiculous. Ten dollars for water is crazy.

Times like this I think of the Lawrence Arms.

I'm surprised both of you jumped on the Fuck warped tour, its there fault band wagon.

Its not the Actual tours fault. they just get booked at these venues to bring the venue money, the venue controls all the prices of food and beverages sold, as its there property. say you're band gets booked at a local venue, do you get to set prices on everything there? no.

its supply and demand, you want water you have to pay that price or tough shit, sure its wrong but as of right now that's how it is.

saying you need to take action against Vans, and the tour just makes you seem idiotic and a tool.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Warped tour is a traveling festival isn't it (hench the "tour") so I'm guessing the places its held won't have fixed water points. They should have free water though or at least cheaper.
But in the uk its kind of regular but manily due to overdoses, 5 died at Glasto this year apparently, this on the other hand really is the organizers fault.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by crazy8rgood
OH HO, HE FUNNY

was it really? that wasn't my intention at all.
Quote by Nomack
Water is for pussies. I think that Real men Really drink Real drinks that alter their Reality, Really.

word.

anyway, I think it's great how the tour is being so very adamant in declaring how they have absolutely no responsibility.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 3, 2010,
Quote by Sinister Waffle
I'm surprised both of you jumped on the Fuck warped tour, its there fault band wagon.

Its not the Actual tours fault. they just get booked at these venues to bring the venue money, the venue controls all the prices of food and beverages sold, as its there property. say you're band gets booked at a local venue, do you get to set prices on everything there? no.

its supply and demand, you want water you have to pay that price or tough shit, sure its wrong but as of right now that's how it is.

saying you need to take action against Vans, and the tour just makes you seem idiotic and a tool.

They most likely didn't know that Vans/Warped don't organise/run everything. I know I didn't.
Quote by asator
They most likely didn't know that Vans/Warped don't organise/run everything. I know I didn't.

If they were Pit monkeys I'd never heard of I'd agree, but its a Mod and a well known pit monkey.

Even said Vans Does offer free water. they have a traveling medical team that goes with them, you go to the medical booth and say you feel light headed, Which you're suppose to do anyway, they give you water, and shade to rest if you want.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by technicolour

The cause of his death hasn't even been confirmed as being related to dehydration... Anyway, assuming that was indeed the cause, has anyone considered the fact that a 26 year old should be smart enough to leave the crowd and get water, outside the venue if need be, when nearing dehydration? Come one, you can't expect a tour or a venue to babysit you.
I've been to the Kansas City Warped Tour 5 times. Last time I was there they charged $4 for a bottle of water, which is still pretty darn expensive, but you are allowed to bring in as much water as you want. Me and my friends would bring a backpack with like 15 bottles of water in it every time, which was heavy at first, but with the amount of thirsty people, it quickly got lighter. Also, there ARE water fountains in various places, big fans that spray mist in several locations, and a big hose that constantly pumps out a rain of cold water, which people usually just walk under like a shower, or fill up their hats, etc, but could easily be drunk from. Not the tastiest water, but it's water nonetheless.

This dude was probably more concerned with getting in the front row for every band than taking a break to hydrate himself. It's hot as hell out there, but sufficient measures are taken to ensure that no one dies of heatstroke. It's not even known if dehydration was the cause of death. Could have been a cardiac problem. *shrug*

Quote by archangels
I'm going to start traveling with Warped Tour and sell cups of water for a dollar.

I'll be a hero and a millionaire.

There was a lady at the last one I went to that had a cooler full of water, Gatorade, and soda bottles (and ice) that she was just wheeling around and selling to whoever for like $2 a bottle. I bought an ice cold Mountain Dew from her near the end of the day while I was soooo thirsty, and it was probably one of the greatest moments of my life.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Last edited by Spoony_Bard at Aug 3, 2010,
Quote by Sinister Waffle

I've been saying **** Warped Tour for years.

And it's different when "tough shit" means you die. The Warped Tour people need to know that it's hot, summer, and their main audience is teens. Teens can't afford ten dollar water. Hell I work a job for decent hours above minimum wage and I can't afford it. They're in a position to say to the venue "drop the price of water or we're not coming." Ten dollars for something that you need to not die in the heat is beyond ridiculous. And what's even more ridiculous is that when you buy water at most of those venues, they throw away the cap so you can't refill it at a water fountain or in the bathroom.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I remember being horribly thirsty at download simply because I couln't afford the insane price of a bottle of water.

I'm amazed it hasn't become law that water are either cheap or free at public events. Cus lets be honest... water is quite important to humans isn't it?
Quote by Nearly everyone
*bashing*

Haters gonna hate, I thought they were allowing people to bring something like a Camelback this year?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by vitchb
I remember being horribly thirsty at download simply because I couln't afford the insane price of a bottle of water.

I'm amazed it hasn't become law that water are either cheap or free at public events. Cus lets be honest... water is quite important to humans isn't it?

Water at Download was £2, and there were loads of water points dotted around on fences in the arena.
Page 1 of 2