Sit back, I’ve got a story to tell....So I was down in Bristol complaining loudly about the tone from my Spider when this guy came from out of nowhere. “I've got just the thing” he said, “genuine miracle cream”. "Come one, come all", he said, "Step right up". "This deal sounds too good to be true", I thought. He said I looked like a smart, young man. "So, is it a deal?” I enquired. Two hours later he was gone, with 500 of my Pounds. But I have the miracle cream!

Here's the guy:

So I hurried home, eager to try this miracle cream, “Could it really live up to the mysterious stranger’s hype”, I thought. I got back and promptly drenched the Spider in the miracle cream.

I stepped back and waited the prescribed 30 seconds and BOOM! Before my very eyes a transformation occurred. Once the dust had settled I was left with this.

A genuine Peavey 5150. Needless to say I was amazed; perhaps it was all just wishful thinking and an optical illusion. So, expecting the fizzy mess that is the Spider’s insane channel I plugged in and played...here’s the results.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2298596/5150%20Tone%20Test%20Mk%203.mp3

I think it’s safe to say that the miracle cream worked...Dr. Flimflam, you are a legend!

Now in all seriousness, I got a job recently so I decided to treat myself. I saw this advertised over at the Sneap forum and drove over to pick it up the other night. Cost me £500 and, apart from some dust, seems to be in pretty much mint condition.
Here’s some more pics. Including one of it chilling out with its’ brother heads, on what is fast becoming, the world’s sketchiest balanced stack.

In conclusion, I'm loving this amp...it sounds so good it's ridiculous! I'm finally getting close to the tone in my head, just really need some mic position tweaks and I reckon I'll be as close as I can get without some more expenditure....keep watch

Bonus points go to anyone who can name where I lifted the opening paragraph from

tl;dr - got a job, bought a 5150, it sounds good...
Guitars: PRS Custom 24, PRS EG3, PRS Santana SE, PRS Tremonti SE, ESP-LTD M-200FM

Acoustics: Maton EM225C, Washburn WD-42S, Ovation Tangent

Amps: Peavey 5150 Mk 1, Randall V2, Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Cab: Framus FR212
Last edited by idiotbox919 at Aug 3, 2010,
Congrats dude! You got yourself a good deal on a staple metal amp! Time to tinker with the settings
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Aug 3, 2010,
Futurama! HNAD! I hear those are great
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
HNAD bro! Hopefully ill be getting a good cab to make my 5150II sound a whole lot better.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
This is probably one of the highest quality NADs ever..
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
*laughs* well done sir. and VERY cool amp \m/
Self proclaimed prophets are great people...
congrats and nice presentation.

great rig.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.

Best NAD thread I've seen.

Congrats on the find!

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
haha thanks for all the compliments guys

I figured I don't get NADs very often so might as well put some effort in...and good work the guy that said Futurama, although I suppose the picture of Zoidberg did kinda give it away, I wasn't gonna put that in originally!

And nice of you to drop in Mark...I've not seen you around these parts recently, don't know if that's cause I haven't been paying attention or you've been away somewhere...but it's good to see you again

Quote by ECistheBest
i love your trashcan!!!

haha thanks...it used to be even cooler. It used to have a ring on it, which had a little sensor. So whenever you threw something away (and got it in) it cheered! However, that got kinda smashed after a slightly over-enthusiastic slam dunk attempt.....
Guitars: PRS Custom 24, PRS EG3, PRS Santana SE, PRS Tremonti SE, ESP-LTD M-200FM

Last edited by idiotbox919 at Aug 3, 2010,
^HAHA nice!!!!

is htat like a birthday gift? seems like my friends would get me for kicks.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Best NAD evar. Where's 311 so he can add it to his list of best threads?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
LoL zoidberg

HNAD!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Epic thread, HNAD
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
It was a birthday (or maybe xmas) gift actually!

I've got a bunch of those mini basketball rings too, all round the house. A few of those have been broken from slam dunks too

My friend also got me one that you threw your laundry in...which was a cool theory and fun, but you had the problem of everyone seeing your laundry and the fact that it wasn't exactly smell proof....

+1 for creativity
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties

HNAD!
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Thanks again guys

It really is an awesome amp, gonna pick up a new boost soon too. I think the 5150 deserves something better than the Bad Monkey

He's served me well, but I think it needs retiring...maybe a Mesa cab further down the line too

Futurama FTW!!!

HNAD i've always wanted a 5150

I NEED MONEY
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
haha I was in your exact situation about a month ago...jobs suck cause they ruin all your free time, but at least you can actually afford to do stuff in your free time

It's a bit of a 2 edged sword!

haha yeah, 5150 is pretty much a one trick pony...but it does that one trick so damn well you don't even care.

I bought it knowing that...the gain is never going below metal levels on this thing, I got other amps for that