Just wondered what everyone thought was the nicest finish for a stratocaster? Subtle? Vibrant? Say which finish, give pictures if possible and say why you like that one.
Strats FTW!
I don't like Strats at all but I saw one today that had a great burgundy metal flake finish that almost made me get past the ugly shape.
Fender do make some nice quilt and flame top strats. The FMT and the QMT models.

Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Of course, the classic:

Then my second favourite has to be cherry sun burst:

Which can also come with a flame maple top
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
I love just about any Fender color just because it is Fender, but my candy apple red strat has really captured me. Funny because red was never my favorite color for a guitar but the paint job on mine is really striking. Hard for me to capture the natural shade on a pic, this pic gets close. It has a metal flake finish on it you can't really see.

But what really makes this strat, is the neck, just as extra special neck, just sweet to hold.

Honey blonde. which actually looks like butterscotch
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Fire engine red. Which I don’t think they actually make anymore, so I need to be more careful with mine.
Anything plain. At most, a really faded cherry burst can be alright. Strats (and Telecasters, come to that) have a functional design, giving one some jazzy finish is a complete mismatch.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
A cream/off white finish. In general I don't like the look of strats, they're just so common and boring.

Anything where the pickguard is the same colour as the finish.... <3
Quote by sashki

Yes, I know it's ugly, but I like it, and I thought I'd post it because no-one else will.

I like this, TBH. Never liked trans/sunbursts on Strats. Or cream, I LOOOOOOOVE cream-colored Strats. <3
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Last edited by Enix165 at Aug 3, 2010,
lake placid blue, graphetti yellow, sherwood green, and my favorite, daphnine blue. i love the 60s custom colors
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Quote by sashki
That's actually the red one that's been photoshopped. The real colour isn't as bright. If you look at the stock pictures of both of them, the woodgrain is the same

Still looks sick, IMO. Even better with the maple fretboard.

Quote by Ghefly
Oh God NO!

I know... It's beautifullicityness hurts doesn't it...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Aug 3, 2010,
i like the 60's finishes. daphne blue, seafoam green, orange...

i really want to like 3 tone sunburst, but to me it only looks good beat to all hell.

so
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
white with maple fretboard..i had a candy cola (red) american standard that i kinda liked, although red never really did that much for me on strats...maple board is the way to go though (IMO)
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Sherwood Green. Blasphemy to everyone who posted those shitty flame tops.

WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID