Alright so i bought a new guitar recently. I bought it for the tremolo but after couple of weeks i realized i'm not a tremolo guy (or atleast a floating tremolo guy), but i fell in love with the neck. It is literately the perfect neck for me. SMOOTH LIKE CRAZY thin and small, Just all out amazing.

So now my problem is i dont want to have to deal with the Tremolo( because i change tuning often). Although i had already thought this would be a problem, i had another guitar with a fixed bridge i could use, but i cant stand that guitar anymore. I hate the sound, feel, and pretty much everything. Thanks to the new guitar

Options:
1) sell both guitars & buy a new one
2) Take the neck out sell the rest and buy a body and put them together.

I would plan on making around 500-600$ if i sell both

Although i have never done this kind of thing so i'm clueless. Is there certain necks that go with certain guitars? Now i know i will have questions but i cant think of them right now because i dont know what i'm suppose to ask. So Please let me know all the problems and error or thing i should looks out for when putting a neck and body together.

The 2 guitars i have are a Ibanez RG2EX1 and a 80s fernandes strat

here are picture if it helps ( dont know what kind pics you need of the guitar though ). P.S sorry if they are too big

Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Last edited by Aashraya at Aug 3, 2010,
I'd either:

1: block the tremelo (who knows, you might want one later)

2: switch the neck onto something else, quite often a lot of necks are interchangable easily enough. I'd still recommend #1 though.
you can just block the Trem if you dont want to use it, it makes changing tunings a little bit easier.

you can sell the Ibby and buy a cheap SS combo
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
you can just block the Trem if you dont want to use it, it makes changing tunings a little bit easier.

you can sell the Ibby and buy a cheap SS combo

I'm getting a 90s triple rectifier soon or another tube amp.
So the ibby would either go into pedal fund or guitar fund.

Also do you guys think a PRS body would be good with that neck?
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Quote by xanubisx
well your in luck, there are other people that have the same problems but they use this

website
http://www.tremol-no.com/

review
http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2009/May/Allparts_Tremol_No_Review.aspx

I have yet to try one but i hear good things

Oh that cool. This would solve the tuning problem right? I could change tuning like if it was a fixed bridge?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
just get a piece of wood and block the trem with it, it saves you money AND add sustain
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
just get a piece of wood and block the trem with it, it saves you money AND add sustain

Where would i put the wood? I'm guessing somewhere inside the back. (oh btw my guitar doesnt have the carved part below the tremolo like most double locking tremolo have. so when i raise my bar it acutely hits the body at a certain point) IDK If that makes a difference.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Any more thoughts?

Also i cant seem to find out how to take my whammy bar off. any body know? Someone told me to yank on it and it didnt work kinda made it floppy
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit