While I was at the shop today buying my newest guitar I tried several others out while I was there. I saw a Gold Top LP I took it down off the hanger and gave it a good look over and then notice it had a Squier logo on it. I have never come across a Squier LP copy ever! Well, I had to plug it in and give it a test drive. I have to say I might have bought it if the price on it wasn't so high. I did a several searches and I can not find one single pic or any info on it but a few questions like mine.

It was really well built better than any Squier I have ever held. It had 2 humbuckers, set neck, 3+3 headstock, the tuners felt decent the neck felt good and played fast. It really seemed like the best Squier ever built. They were asking something like 5 bills for it and I just don't know if it was worth it. If the Alden didn't play better I might have gotten the Squier.

Has anyone here ever owned one? I would like to hear what you think and if it might be worth going back and buying. I am assuming they are rare because I have been buying and playing for 40+ years and this is the first one I have seen.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Oct 18, 2010,
Quote by Fenderboy17
sounds like its been fitting with new neck :S

No, it doesn't. Fender has made LP copies in the past. In fact, their entire Series 24 line of guitars were Gibson copies (named for their 24-3/4" scale). I don't think they're currently in production, though.

The M-50, M-70, and M-77 were all LP copies, and came with Duncan Designed humbuckers. Squier also produced the S-65 and S-73 (SG copies), Starfire (ES-335 copy), and X-155 (Jazz-style hollowbody).

I've never played one myself, but from what I've heard they're decent guitars. Squier, in general, makes decent guitars for beginners. I have a Squier Affinity Strat, and I loved it when I was learning to play. I've outgrown it though, and sadly it doesn't get the playing time it deserves.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Well, It's a set neck and the guitar is flawless. I would swear it was brand new. Says on the head stock it's made in Korea. I'll call tomorrow and ask what model it is. I'll can probably get more info on it that way instead of just searching for Squier Les Paul.

John
Quote by johnro6659
Well, It's a set neck and the guitar is flawless. I would swear it was brand new. Says on the head stock it's made in Korea. I'll call tomorrow and ask what model it is. I'll can probably get more info on it that way instead of just searching for Squier Les Paul.

John

If it's a set-neck it's probably real, unless they forged the Squier logo on the headstock. But seriously, who would forge Squier...

Definitely call the shop. Also, google Squier M series for any other info.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
here a pic of whole line
Attachments:
squier 24.jpg
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
I was at the shop the over the weekend and it's still there. I keep taking it of the wall and playing it and I like it but still not sure if I want to take it home or not they also have an OLP MM1 that sound and plays great that is a little cheaper. The first one of these I have played I liked. I have yet to find anyone who has owned one!

John
Quote by Fenderboy17
sounds like its been fitting with new neck :S

I cant speak for the squier m series but the OLP MM1s in my experience (i've owned one in the past) i quite like there necks and there nice guitars but you pretty much have to upgrade everything (tuners, bridge, pickups) to make them bearable. If you did it would kick ass but when i had one i couldnt be bothered and sold it. The Neck was really nice though!
i really like the m series, they're cool.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
They are all DeArmond guitars. Fender bought the factory and badged the unfinished guitars as Squiers rather than keeping the DeArmond name. The only rare thing about these guitars is the silk screened logo. You can get Dearmond guitars pretty easily on eBay. They are identical.
These were based on Guild models more so than LPs or any other Gibson. Fender bought Guild, Guild used DeArmond pickups. Fender also bought the DeArmond name and marketed Korean-made Guild models under the DeArmond brand - and also Squire. No doubt Guild was copying Gibson long before Fender came into the picture but if you look close, the differences are apparent.
EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B
Thanks a lot. But i'm somewhat confused. This isn't a Dearmond, but a Guild copy? Would that change how much it's worth?
Quote by Theehero
Thanks a lot. But i'm somewhat confused. This isn't a Dearmond, but a Guild copy? Would that change how much it's worth?

It's a Squire, that's the same as a specific Dearmond model. Not sure if there is (was) a specific Guild model that matches the one you saw but some (at least) of the DeArmond guitars were not really copies, but were just Korean made versions of Guild models (like the old Guild Starfire and M-70).
EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B
$200-250 is about it imo.

the dearmonds sell for about that locally in the US. not sure about elsewhere.

i had a dearmond, nice guitar - heavy as **** though.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Thanks a lot
EDIT : But has anyone found out what exact model this is?
Last edited by Theehero at Feb 21, 2012,
Could it be a squier m77?

The Squier M-77 is a single cutaway solid mahogany guitar with a carved maple top and multiple binding (black and ivory). The set mahogany neck has a rosewood fingerboard has jumbo nickel silver frets and block inlays, and a 24 3/4" scale length. This guitar features two Seymour-Duncan designed humbucking pickups and is available in Black, Wine Red Metallic and Cherry Sunburst. US MSRP is $817.99.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/blogs/News-Fender/2002/01/17/squier-series-24-is-born
I got it all figured outt, thanks for all your help! you guys are great!
G400's are a dime a dozen. It never hurts to ask but I doubt anyone sane would take that offer straight up. If he were actually interested in that Epi he would probably want cash as well.
If he is, I would expect him to counter for me to kick in some money.

Technically it is the 66 reissue version, if it even matters.
Last edited by Killsocket at Apr 2, 2012,