I need help on finding out the model of my Ibanez GAX.
It looks very similar to the GAX70 but has only 2 knobs, and the switcher is a stick right in line with them. There is a label on the headstock saying Ibanez with the GIO sign right above it. The serial number (I think it's the serial) is on the back of the headstock and reads CEM650151 and below that it says Made in China.

Is this a fake?
nobody fakes nooby guitars like ibanezes.....
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
why would anyone fake a $200 guitar
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Quote by LoudLove5150
why would anyone fake a $200 guitar

That's what I was thinking, but I've been looking at Ibanez GAX models, and I haven't seen a single picture of the guitar I own. I'll post pics in a bit.

like that? i have to agree with the other posters, nobody would spend the time or money to fake a starter guitar. and secondly there have been a few different variations to the GAX70. i know because it was my first guitar (long long ago) and i remember going to guitar center and seeing a few models the next year that were completely unlike mine.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by natehimself
it's like the exact same thing as the above poster's picture.

what's your deal?

My deal is that I've never seen this guitar and I don't want to be stuck with a fake.
it looks alright to me. and this might not be what you're looking for, but from somebody who owned one for a few years... it's not a great guitar. i think you can get more for about the same amount of money (unless this one is available really cheap). otherwise, i think you're fine. doesn't look like a fake to me!

might be a good idea to get the serial number and run it through one of those serial number checking websites.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Probably just a different GAX model. I own a GAX70.

Behind the headstock, it says GAX70, 0090177, Made in Indonesia.

Like previously mentionned, I don't know why someone would fake a GAX. It's my only electric, had it for years, and I hate it. Apart from the thin neck, the rest is just meh. Can't wait to upgrade it to a RG.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Aug 3, 2010,
Thanks all.
Got the guitar for 100 bucks as a sort of entry way into electric guitars, hasn't really disappointed me, but I'll probably be getting something better in a few.

Thanks again.
Quote by Screems
Thanks all.
Got the guitar for 100 bucks as a sort of entry way into electric guitars, hasn't really disappointed me, but I'll probably be getting something better in a few.

Thanks again.

It's a good beginner guitar actually. It's just that eventually you will start to know what you like and not like. Personnally, I hate the body on that thing. It's too big and heavy. But it took me a while to realise that.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Spike6sic6
It's a good beginner guitar actually. It's just that eventually you will start to know what you like and not like. Personnally, I hate the body on that thing. It's too big and heavy. But it took me a while to realise that.

It is a bit big, and hard to play sitting down. But it gets the job done.
Quote by Screems
It is a bit big, and hard to play sitting down. But it gets the job done.

Yeah, just forget about playing up lol. Dunno about you, but the neck diving on the GAX is... MEH!

If you're like me, you'll get over some flaws your gear have and focus on technique :P. Explains why I still use it on a MG up until yesterday(got myself a VOX VT30, love the thing so far, just confusing at start).
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

It's why I love Ibanez. They're consistently inconsistent. You find something you LOVE about a certain model, and then they change it the next year Like discontinuing the RGT6 or the SZR series.
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
There is seriously way too much paranoia on UG.

A fake Gio? Really? It's not a great or valuable guitar anyway. Even if it was a fake, it wouldn't make much difference.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
after doing some lurking
I think that it might be safe to say that is is real, it's an ibanez Gio GAX 50
They probably had different versions of the same guitar, you might have one of the first ones
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT