When I transposed it using guitar pro it put the tap harmonic on the 15th of high e which is a G not a D#.
Isn't the 24th fret of something the second octave... making the 24th of a g a g?
Yes. You could do the tap harmonic on the 24th on a 22 fret guitar anyway. Just imagine there are frets there and tap it!
Quote by 03-13-2010
When I transposed it using guitar pro it put the tap harmonic on the 15th of high e which is a G not a D#.

Weird.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Just play a harmonic on the 5th fret of G, it's exactly the same.

And I have no idea where you're getting this D# from?
lol this may sound like im calling you a noob, but as a noob myself, i gotta remember you to check your tuning...XD , it happens...

hope i helped
Quote by whoomit
Just play a harmonic on the 5th fret of G, it's exactly the same.

And I have no idea where you're getting this D# from?

I see, when I opened the chord tool on guitar pro it for some reason put the note on the 20th instead of the 24th fret. That is where there D# came from.

As for playing the 5th fret that would be difficult going from the 12th fret to the 5th and then back up to the 12th fret. I have however found that the 20th on the b string is a G of the same octave so I can play that.

Can anyone tell me why tap harmonics have the fret number below the tab?

Also why do I have to put 19th fret b string in the tab for it to play the 20th fret b string (so confusing)?

Here is the tab btw: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/andrea_bocelli/con_te_partiro_ver2_guitar_pro.htm
Last edited by 03-13-2010 at Aug 3, 2010,