My setup goes like this: guitar->ibanez wah->amp->effects loop send->line 6 delay modeler->effects loop return

I use a VisualSound 1spot power supply. It has 1700mA of power, and I have verified that it works as a substitute for the ibanez AC109 power supply, which the wah takes, and it has an adapter for line 6 modeling pedals. The wah requires 41mA and the delay modeler requires 1200mA, so it has plenty of juice to spare.

When I have the power supply plugged into either one pedal or the other, the signal is crystal clear. However, when I plug in both pedals at the same time, there is a constant buzzing noise. Jiggling the jack on the wah pedal reduces/increases the buzz, but it never completely goes away.

I was wondering: is the buzzing noise due to the power supply not being able to perform its duties properly, or could it be one of the pedals acting up?

Edit: Also, I have a daisy chain on the power supply, so there are enough jacks for 8 pedals, but i only use 2 of them. Potential problem?
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Last edited by *kill'emall* at Aug 3, 2010,
How are the pedals when they're powered by battery and both on?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The wah is messed up and can't take a battery, but with the Line 6 on batteries and the wah plugged into the power supply, there is not buzz at all.
Quote by Duane_Allman
Quote by Twist of fate
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
I'm not sure how the One Spot is wired, but you might have a ground loop between the pedals and the supply when the DC jack on the Line 6 is used.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Would a different power supply do the same thing?
Quote by Duane_Allman
Quote by Twist of fate
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
^ Dunno. Maybe take the pedals to a shop and try it with a DC Brick or something and see if it buzzes there as well.

Thanks
Quote by Duane_Allman
Quote by Twist of fate
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Let us know how it works out.

Problem solved. Bought a new power supply because the daisy chain for the 1spot was causing the buzz.
Quote by Duane_Allman
Quote by Twist of fate
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Glad it worked out for you.

Still using the 1spot to power the line 6 because the local music shop didn't have a power supply with enough amperage for it (the daisy chain's in a drawer for use in a pinch). I picked up some cheap APA power supply (the box says it's for keyboards/effects) with the same polarity as the Ibanez wah without overkilling on the mA's too much. No more buzz and no frying of pedals.

I guess to sum up: if someone's interested in getting the 1spot, it works perfectly without the daisy chain, it's far from expensive, and it can power pretty much any pedal out there if you have the correct adapter for it. I'm not sure how much the daisy chain is (it's sold separately from the actual power supply), but it isn't worth it if you can't put up with some buzz in your signal. (btw, the buzzing started after about a on a thoroughly used pedal board)
Quote by Duane_Allman
Quote by Twist of fate
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Last edited by *kill'emall* at Aug 4, 2010,
From the One-Spot manual

Line 6:
POD – Not Compatible
Modeling Pedals – CL6 Adapter
Tone Core Pedals – Not recommended for more than one Tone Core plus other brands of pedals

So that was probably your problem if the delay modeler you have is the echo park.
I have no noise issues with my one-spot and daisy chain.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
In my experience the noisiest thing about daisy chaining with the 1spot is the fact that you're running your power line right past all of your signal cables. I try to isolate power from signal as much as possible. The 1spot isn't perfect though, there will always be some noise.

Edit: ^From his posts and specs I'm pretty sure he means the DL4... That's really their only delay 'modeler.'
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Aug 5, 2010,
Yeah must be something in your chain messing it up. I have a 1spot and it runs my dirty bomb and ge7 no problems with the daisy chain, and I've used a fulldrive 2 with it as well with no buzzing whatsoever
Gear:
Fender MIM Strat SD Hot Rails in bridge
SX Thinline Tele
GFS Tuner Pedal
GGG Clean Boost
Barber Dirty Bomb
Boss GE-7
Ibanez SC-10 Chorus
Peavey Classic 30