Page 1 of 2
Like you may have noticed,My name says Latin which means I am also Hispanic.Going on with my story,I recently went on a cruise,and while on the cruise,first thing I noticed is that most people there were North Americans.I say this because the second thing I noticed was them being racist towards me and my friends.and not just one or two but actually a lot of them were either looking us weird or leaving when we arrived to eat,teaming against us in the games and being complete assholes.With this said I want to ask two things which are more or less relevant to this story and my reasoning as to why I ask them.

1.Why are North Americans racist towards Hispanic or Latin people? I'm not saying they all are but why be racist towards them at all (like the recent events in Arizona)

I ask this for obvious reasons,the story being one and the Arizona event being the other one.

2.What do you think about Puerto Rico,about their status,do you consider them as illegal as actual Illegal immigrants?

I ask this because I have heard people say that Puerto Ricans are as wetbacks as Mexicans and that they don't want us in the U.S. and other threatening or racist comments toward us.

I know this is not actually the place to talk about this but I guessed I should ask here as this is the closest thing to a real North American as I can get
white people don't like the whole reclamation thing. the infiltration, however, is nearing completion. you won't have to deal with their sidelong glances for much longer.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 3, 2010,
Dey took er jerrrrrbs!

Anyway, quite a few North Americans are racist bigots. When you ask them though they'll tell you they're just anxious, or think that hispanics are out to get them.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Last edited by dann_blood at Aug 3, 2010,
1. Cruises are expensive.
2. Rich people are overwhelmingly conservative and don't like to have their pockets and businesses taxed.
3. These people are Republicans.
4. (inb4 Jackal, so, many, but not all) Republicans get their news from Fox News.
5. Dey racis.
6. News about Hispanics is overwhelmingly negative.
7. The news shapes our views about people we don't come into contact with often.
8. The rich assholes on your cruise don't like Hispanics.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Because the majority of us white north americans are stupid cunts that think that hispanic people are taking our jobs, without realizing that it doesn't really matter who the **** gets the jobs.
Racism towards Hispanics seems to be a socially accepted form of racism, unfortunately. It's similar to the discrimination of Gypsies in the UK.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
It wasn't till I was about 14 I picked up that a Hispanic "race" existed. I figured they just had tans from living in countries where the sun comes out.

I don't have anything to throw in seeing that I'm not North American, I just wanted to share that.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
inb4 people who think "Hispanic" is a race.
OT: you have to deal with it, TS, you live in a world filled with ignorant and prejudiced people.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I'm not gonna get into a whole immigration debate thing here, but I will say that I respect puerto ricans more on the sole basis that they have to travel farther to get here.

Just kidding. I hate everyone equally.
Because we're taking over that's why!
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by VillainousLatin
Like you may have noticed,My name says Latin which means I am also Hispanic.Going on with my story,I recently went on a cruise,and while on the cruise,first thing I noticed is that most people there were North Americans.I say this because the second thing I noticed was them being racist towards me and my friends.and not just one or two but actually a lot of them were either looking us weird or leaving when we arrived to eat,teaming against us in the games and being complete assholes.With this said I want to ask two things which are more or less relevant to this story and my reasoning as to why I ask them.

1.Why are North Americans racist towards Hispanic or Latin people? I'm not saying they all are but why be racist towards them at all (like the recent events in Arizona)

I ask this for obvious reasons,the story being one and the Arizona event being the other one.

2.What do you think about Puerto Rico,about their status,do you consider them as illegal as actual Illegal immigrants?

I ask this because I have heard people say that Puerto Ricans are as wetbacks as Mexicans and that they don't want us in the U.S. and other threatening or racist comments toward us.

I know this is not actually the place to talk about this but I guessed I should ask here as this is the closest thing to a real North American as I can get

1. The same reason people are racist against other races. It usually stems from insecurity or the belief that they're better because they happened to be "more priviliged" in life.

2. Yes they're illegal as other actual illegal immigrants. I'd say more, but that answers your question.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
I'm guessing you've never left the island my fellow borinquen?

It happens bro. People just arent used to seeing other types of people. It's not necessarily racism, its just humans being precautious.

I live in Arizona, im Puerto Rican, and people are crazy about Mexicans, legal or not. I even get racism from Mexicans from time to time for not being Mexican.

Just take it in stride, keep your head up, and understand that not everyone is racist. We're just a little apprehensive of other people, regardless of race.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I'm not really racist, or I try not to be. Me and my friends may make jokes, but everyone does.

I don't know why people are racist, they're just stupid and can't understand that there are people differnet than them.

Also, Puerto Ricans can be as illegal as illegal Mexicans. If you're in the U.S. because you came in without becoming a legal citizen, then you're an illegal immigrant, no matter what country you're from.

I don't care about immigrants as long as they are legal. If you're here illegally, either become a legal citizen, or get your ass out of here.

As for your cruise, they're all just douchebags. Honestly, it wouldn't bother me at all if there were Hispanics, African Americans, Middle-Easterns, or Canadians on the cruise.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
i recently went on a three month trip to mexico.

i can say with certainty that mexicans in general are much more friendly, welcoming, polite, and nice than any north-american ive ever met.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Here in Europe, it's arabs and Turks that get blamed... Every society needs a scapegoat, I guess.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by damian_91
inb4 people who think "Hispanic" is a race.
OT: you have to deal with it, TS, you live in a world filled with ignorant and prejudiced people.

Aw, what?

Screw this, I hate this racism crap. I was once oblivious to this bullshit!
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by heavyairship
i recently went on a three month trip to mexico.

i can say with certainty that mexicans in general are much more friendly, welcoming, polite, and nice than any north-american ive ever met.

When you weren't dodging the bullets from the cartels right?
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by TheBurningFish
Aw, what?

Hispanic (word) is the grouping of various Central American, Carribean American, and South American countries.

No different from being called Asian, or African, or European.

When I was in Puerto Rico there were some sketchy neighborhoods over in Old San Juan, if you look like some of those people I'd be glaring at you too.
Quote by Dream Floyd
Here in Europe, it's arabs and Turks that get blamed... Every society needs a scapegoat, I guess.

This. When I visited Germany I thought everyone was so nice, but in reality they're nice to black people because they think all americans are racist and opposed to anything turkish at all. It really sucks.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by TheBurningFish
Aw, what?

We all were, life was better
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Well it sad to hear that Villainous Latin but unfortunately there will be people that will stick to their guns and be racist. You can't change everyone's views. I don't believe that all North American people are racist towards the general population of Latinos but since Latinos look alike they classify them as one big Latino group, which is wrong. Sometimes you'll even hear that a Cuban who looks black will be classified as part of the African American group which isn't even close and wrong as well.

All of it is because of stereotyping. They see that one is bad then they think everyone is bad when really everyone is different. It shouldn't be that way and you have a right to be upset. You shouldn't even bother with them. It's their problem, not yours.
Quote by SteveHouse
1. Cruises are expensive.
2. Rich people are overwhelmingly conservative and don't like to have their pockets and businesses taxed.
3. These people are Republicans.
4. (inb4 Jackal, so, many, but not all) Republicans get their news from Fox News.
5. Dey racis.
6. News about Hispanics is overwhelmingly negative.
7. The news shapes our views about people we don't come into contact with often.
8. The rich assholes on your cruise don't like Hispanics.

9. Cops, no matter if its legal or not, take race into consideration when talking/arresting people (Trust me, I've been mistreated by local police, albeit not to a great extent)
Quote by flanders_91

Also, Puerto Ricans can be as illegal as illegal Mexicans. If you're in the U.S. because you came in without becoming a legal citizen, then you're an illegal immigrant, no matter what country you're from.

I thought that since Puerto Rico is a US territory they could move between the countries more freely? I dunno there aren't a whole lot of puerto ricans out here and I don't really ever plan on going there so maybe I'm wrong.
Quote by Dream Floyd

England seems iffy with Arabs and, if any nationality, the Eastern Europeans.
Quote by guylee
I thought that since Puerto Rico is a US territory they could move between the countries more freely? I dunno there aren't a whole lot of puerto ricans out here and I don't really ever plan on going there so maybe I'm wrong.

They can; you don't need a passport to travel between the two countries if you have U.S./Puerto Rican citizenship.
Quote by VillainousLatin

Puerto Rico is part of the US so they can legally live and work anywhere in the US
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Quote by guylee

You are correct. That guy doesnt seem to understand that if we are born in Puerto Rico, we are United States citizens, just like Hawaiians, People from Guam, and Alaskan natives.

If a Puero Rican isnt born in any United States territory, than that individual is considered a citizen of a sovereign nation.

Quote by archangels
people are racist.

[/thread]

fixed
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Quote by guylee

is it? that sounds pretty familiar now. there's a town (Amsterdam, NY) 10min from where I live thats basically dominated by Puerto Ricans, and I have no idea why. We like to call it Amsterico.

But I still think that if you're in a country illegally, you should either do what you need to do to become a citizen, or leave.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
silly hispanic! they weren't being racist! they probably thought you were their gardener... See, simple misconception.... Now, why did you automatically jump to the conclusion that they were being racist? maybe they don't like the scent of beans... Thats a respectable reason to give off a bad attitude to you... do you smell like beans? thats the real question here...
N*GGERF*GGOT!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

☻/ This is bob, copy paste him on
/▌ your signature so he can take
/ \ over UG.
Quote by flanders_91
I'm not really racist, or I try not to be. Me and my friends may make jokes, but everyone does.

I don't know why people are racist, they're just stupid and can't understand that there are people differnet than them.

I don't care about immigrants as long as they are legal. If you're here illegally, either become a legal citizen, or get your ass out of here.

As for your cruise, they're all just douchebags. Honestly, it wouldn't bother me at all if there were Hispanics, African Americans, Middle-Easterns, or Canadians on the cruise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rico

Read up on your geotogramaphy, bitch. Puerto Rico is part of the U.S.
Quote by archangels
White people are racist.

[/thread]

If you aren't white, then this statement is making YOU racist.

On topic...
1. What about the recent events in Arizona? Have you read the law? It talks about taking ILLEGAL people back to where they came from. The ILLEGAL people are breaking the law. Is it now racist to punish a criminal of another nationality? Actually, the Arizona immigration law is a LOT like the immigration law for Mexico! But I forgot, it's only racist because it's America and we're white.

And yeah, it's probably just because the people on the cruise ship were stuck up jerks.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
People should stop acting like the law in Arizona is the worst thing ever. 1. Go read the real rules for it, then talk. 2. They obviously have really really large issues with illegal immigration, they have to do something.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Quote by Lead_for_life
silly hispanic! they weren't being racist! they probably thought you were their gardener... See, simple misconception.... Now, why did you automatically jump to the conclusion that they were being racist? maybe they don't like the scent of beans... Thats a respectable reason to give off a bad attitude to you... do you smell like beans? thats the real question here...

You've been given a warning. One more time and you're banned.

Page 1 of 2