Is it normal or not, when ever I change my tuning to something like Drop C or Drop A, my low string become very loose and sensitive. If I fret the string too hard, the pitch will increase by at least a quarter step, and I usually play metal with these tunings so I need active and hard hands to play, is this a string problem that I can't change, if so, then what are the best strings for Drop tunings??
I use a bass string (.64 I think) for the low string when I tune really low but you could try .11 to .52. It also depends on the scale length, longer scale lengths = more tension.
I have 12-54 on my guitar which works perfectly for Drop C, for Drop A I'd have no idea.
I use 13-61 with a wound third for drop A.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
drop c i use 10-52 for drop A i'd probably use 12/13-50 something
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
I have 11s and they work with Drop C - Try Ernie Ball "Not Even Slinky" or "Power Slinky"

they might be what you're looking for. I use Beefy Slinkys on all my guitars
Quote by Jpboy1994
Is it normal or not, when ever I change my tuning to something like Drop C or Drop A, my low string become very loose and sensitive. If I fret the string too hard, the pitch will increase by at least a quarter step, and I usually play metal with these tunings so I need active and hard hands to play, is this a string problem that I can't change, if so, then what are the best strings for Drop tunings??
This really belongs in EG, not in GB&C.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.