I just bought a new guitar and I noticed that when I plug it in my tuner if I mute all the strings it detects a note a little lower than 7B should be(my guitar only has 6 strings btw) if I bring my volume down to 0 and then back up it takes a couple seconds and the note is then detected again what could this be?
Thank you
your tuner.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
I don't think it's my tuner because it's just fine with my other guitar
Think about it. You're muting the strings. It's detecting a note... but the strings are muted... but it's detecting a note. Not trying to be sarcastic, but you're gonna wake up in the morning slapping your head. It's your tuner.

Edit: Plug the guitar into the amp. Hear anything? I've got a buck that says you don't. What kind of pups do you have? Active or passive?
Last edited by KG6_Steven at Aug 3, 2010,
naa men it's normal, it must be a little sound that the tuner may try to recognize as the vague frequency of a note
Maybe it's pickup up a stray electrical field in the house. What kind of pups do you have?
its nothing to worry about. when you get buzz through your amp, its close to a b flat, and your tuner is just picking up a little bit of buzz
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
its nothing to worry about. when you get buzz through your amp, its close to a b flat, and your tuner is just picking up a little bit of buzz

On a similar note, the phones at my guitar center ring in E flat, according to the wall tuner in the acoustic room.
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.
My tuners always have detected anywhere between Ab and B when unplugged, I think it's just something about tuners.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...