hey guys,
so i'm heading off to college in a few weeks and ive decided to bring my amp(crate powerblock) with me but i will be bringing my dads peavey sheffield 1x12 cab to save some space. i really cant stand the speaker in it and want to throw a better one in there but i really have no idea what to get.

I'm looking at eminence speakers since they seem like they have a large variety and good prices. Some that have stuck out so far are the man o war, legend v128, george lynch v12, and maybe the governor.

now my amp is 75w, or 150 bridged mono. i figure that with only 1 speaker i wont bridge it and keep it 75w which is plenty anyways. im not sure if getting a speaker rated for 75w would be bad since there is no extra room and id be running it at the max wattage.

as far as what i play, I generally go for a metallica-ish metal tone to foo fighters, with plenty of clean and blues in there as well so i need something fairly versatile. i feel my rig is pretty flexible when it comes to eq so i think i will be able to eq it to taste depending on the speaker's color.

I'm sure that whatever i decide on it will sound better than the sheffield speaker or the no name speakers in my harley benton cab im used to.

Feel free to reccomend other speakers besides the ones i mentioned, just keep it under $100 please.

Thanks!
Ryan
Gear:
Fender MIM Strat SD Hot Rails in bridge
SX Thinline Tele
GFS Tuner Pedal
GGG Clean Boost
Barber Dirty Bomb
Boss GE-7
Ibanez SC-10 Chorus
Peavey Classic 30
Eminence? The Texas Heat. It has AMAZING tone! Celestion T75 or V30. One of those 3 should fit the bill.
Hmm the texas heat looks nice but how would it fare for metal?
Gear:
SX Thinline Tele
GFS Tuner Pedal
GGG Clean Boost
Barber Dirty Bomb
Boss GE-7
Ibanez SC-10 Chorus
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by Jaredmkl
Dimabag used it. Nuff said

Dimebag was never really know for having good tone. His tone kind of sucked actually.
667, HERASY! Ok, in short, I was using an oversized cab with texas heat speakers. IT MADE A B52 HEAD SOUND AMAZING
Yeah not a huge fan of dime's tone. After further research I think I'm going with the man o war. Didn't like the hi gain clips I heard of the texas heat. Anybody have experience with the man o war?
Gear:
SX Thinline Tele
GFS Tuner Pedal
GGG Clean Boost
Barber Dirty Bomb
Boss GE-7
Ibanez SC-10 Chorus
Peavey Classic 30
Ok well I do need something at least 75w so the vet 30 won't cut it, and I'm not a huge fan of the 'nasaly' sound of a vintage 30. More suggestions 75w or above for a 1x12?
Gear:
SX Thinline Tele
GFS Tuner Pedal
GGG Clean Boost
Barber Dirty Bomb
Boss GE-7
Ibanez SC-10 Chorus
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by Jaredmkl
Dimabag used it. Nuff said

And he sounded awful.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Look at the Wizard!!!! GREAT sounding speaker, and can handle all 150 watts of your amp.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
The wizard looks like a great find. It seems to be a very well balanced speaker. One last thing before I order, the wizard vs gt-75? More specifically the warehouse hm75. I know they are based on different speakers but which one would be better for high gain tones?
Gear:
SX Thinline Tele
GFS Tuner Pedal
GGG Clean Boost
Barber Dirty Bomb
Boss GE-7
Ibanez SC-10 Chorus
Peavey Classic 30