Just opened the box containing my newly ordered Tweaker. I plugged everything up (power cord, speaker cable). I can't play it right now because it's late but I turned it on just to make sure it came on and everything seemed to be working. I made sure all the tubes were seated properly because I know they can become loose during shipping process. While on I looked at the tubes and noticed only one power tube was glowing. The pre amp tubes were not glowing either. Does this mean anything? Blown power tube? Also the manual and various websites says the Tweaker has 2x 12AX7's. I saw three in mine. I just wanna make sure everything is as should be before I start playing this thing tomorrow. One more thing I noticed when I was moving the head around. I heard something moving around inside. Could just be wires but could this be something else? The box was beat up pretty bad but there isn't a mark on the amp and it was packed very well inside.
dude i can play mine at whisper volumes.

test that pig now.

seriously. just to make sure it's working.

tubes can vary in brightness, and the stock ones are black so...

yes it has 3 pre amp type tubes.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
All tubes are stock. Black egnater branded Ruby's in the power section and egnater branded sovteks in the pre. But there is no light at all coming from them. Even in the dark. I may fire it up in a bit as it's got me kinda bummed.
it's only getting later...

why wait?
Well I played through it and all sounded as should. But I couldn't turn the volume up past 6:30-7:00. Kinda has a little buzzing but that's probably just normal. As for the pre amp tubes, I took the guards off and could see that were in fact lighting up. But the one power tube never lit up at all and it was cold to the touch whereas the other one was getting pretty warm. Also the amp smelled kinda hot but not like a burning smell.
Quote by CrackTheSkye
Well I played through it and all sounded as should. But I couldn't turn the volume up past 6:30-7:00. Kinda has a little buzzing but that's probably just normal. As for the pre amp tubes, I took the guards off and could see that were in fact lighting up. But the one power tube never lit up at all and it was cold to the touch whereas the other one was getting pretty warm. Also the amp smelled kinda hot but not like a burning smell.

ok, good news, its fine.

bad news, you have a bad 6v6.

more good news, you can just buy one and pop it in there. no bias bs, ever.

replace tube before playing it again.

pick up a pair of el34s too.
I'll just buy two new ones just in case the other fails so I have one as a backup. Any recommendations? I'll get some EL34's later on. I'll have to order the tubes online which means another couple of days without using the tweaker . Sucks cause I just got it and I was so looking forward to playing it.

EDIT: Just realized I had 6L6's in my Mesa I could throw in until the new 6V6's arrive.
Last edited by CrackTheSkye at Aug 4, 2010,
Quote by CrackTheSkye
I'll just buy two new ones just in case the other fails so I have one as a backup. Any recommendations? I'll get some EL34's later on. I'll have to order the tubes online which means another couple of days without using the tweaker . Sucks cause I just got it and I was so looking forward to playing it.

if you are in the us, i have an extra if you want it. its one of the stock rubys.

i can ship it out tomorrow.

bummer on the tube, hopefully thats the only issue.

it loves 34s tho too.
Quote by gregs1020
if you are in the us, i have an extra if you want it. its one of the stock rubys.

i can ship it out tomorrow.

bummer on the tube, hopefully thats the only issue.

it loves 34s tho too.

That'd be awesome!! I am in the US. Yes it is a bummer but these things happen. Yes, hopefully but I got it from MF so if it's something else I'll be looking for an exchange.
yea pop 2 6l6s in there. done.
you can still have this one. i have more 6v6s.
Quote by gregs1020
you can still have this one. i have more 6v6s.

Awesome! I'll pm you my info.