so, i basically need to know wich other scales can I play for certain rhythm keys, for example, if Im playing a Em, C, G, Bm chord progression, what scales can i use besides pentatonic, hamonic minor, and major or minor in E (I say E because of the chord progression) cuz i basically only know those all around the neck ,also what scales in other keys can i use for this E progression

thanks!!
well lets look at all the notes you have
Em- E G B
C- C E G
G- G B D
Bmin- B D F#

You can use any scale that uses those notes E F# G B C D *you don't have an A in there*
Now, don't let this limit you, you can really use any note over it, as long as its not dissonant. Eminor would be the very obvious choice seeing as it contains 6 out of the 7 notes that are contained in this scale. but use anything that you think will sound good. Like the sound of an Ab over the B minor chord, go for it. But yaeh, don't let scales limit you, let your ear guide you
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
haha really man? Thanks so much, I appreciate you checking it out
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
hell yeah man. It's damn good. I only got a chance to listen to the first two or three tracks and the only thing that bummed me out was the lack of vocals. Whats up with that? Other than that the songwriting is excellent.
we don't have lyrics... >.< haha We have a 'singer' but he never practices singing, he doesn't write lyrics and such. we want to get rid of him but hes a dear friend and we dont wanna hurt him mainly haha. But in my opinion its easier to write lyrics to a song then write a song to lyrics, so this can give some new vocalists an idea of what kind of song theyre gonna write to.
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Can there be a scales thread please, these happen so often
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
I wouldn't opt to play the E major over that one, as the progression is in E minor and the major 3rd would clash. If you feel that knowing this scale alone is limiting you, maybe you should look at some of your favourite guitarists and see how they use the scale over chord progressions to give you some more ideas.

Also, do you know how to transpose the scales to different keys? And identify keys?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Zinnie
we don't have lyrics... >.< haha We have a 'singer' but he never practices singing, he doesn't write lyrics and such. we want to get rid of him but hes a dear friend and we dont wanna hurt him mainly haha. But in my opinion its easier to write lyrics to a song then write a song to lyrics, so this can give some new vocalists an idea of what kind of song theyre gonna write to.

Yeah I agree. I wish you guys luck on finding a singer. Definitely some good stuff. You're gonna have to cut you're friend out bc he holding you back. Hopefully he's not a child about it. Gonna have to cut my drummer soon haha.