Hi, I'm looking for a delay pedal but I seriously have no idea where to start, or which ones to check. So ... any suggestions regarding this topic? Any previous expereinces you've had with certain delay pedal? Are there any similar effects I should also give a try?

I mostly play rock, post punk, shoegazing, noise rock and similar genres.

Cheers!
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
My budget, lets say I would go up to 150 USD (75£ but if I can get a good delay pedal for less (or why not, even a little more) I would.

I guess I would rather have an analog delay (based on your descriptions) but I believe I should also give the digital ones a try, maybe those end up approaching more to the tone I'm after (kinda hard to describe really).
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
If you decide to go digital, the Boss DD-7 (although it's a little over your budget) would be a very nice pedal. I'm looking to invest in one soon.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Try look at the BBE two timer, its real versitile if your just starting to use delay.
mojostompboxes.com
mxr carbon copy is an excellent delay. i currently own the electro harmonix memory boy and love it, its got modulation effects along with analog delay, allowing you to get WAAAAYYYYY out there if you want
Rig:
Jay Turser ES-335 w/ 2 Burstbuckers OR
J&E Custom w Duncan SSL3 and SHL59>
MXR Dynacomp>
Ibanez TS-9>
Dunlop Crybaby>
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212
effects loop:
Boss BD-2>
Danelectro Vibe>
Boss DD-6>
Morley Volume

my shit screams.
EHX Memory Boy
EHX Memory Man
Boss DD2 (used on ebay)
Boss DD3
GFS Delay
Ibanez DE7
Guyatone MD3
MXR Carbon Copy
616 Delay i forgot whats the name
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
What's the difference between the Boss DD2, DD3 and DD7? What are your thoughts on the EHX Memory Boy, EHX #1 Echo and BBE Two Timer?
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
The MXR carbon copy is a pretty good analog delay... It's got one of the longer delay times of most analog delays i've seen. It's also pretty versitile and can do the cool feedback effects that analog delays do.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by TaV0
What's the difference between the Boss DD2, DD3 and DD7? What are your thoughts on the EHX Memory Boy, EHX #1 Echo and BBE Two Timer?

The EHX #1 Echo doesnt not even compare to a Memory Man at all. If im right all 3 of those pedals are Analog pedals which have a warmer sound than a Digital Delay. A Memory Man is more verestile than a Two Timer when it comes down to MMS.

A DD2 is more warmer than a DD3 and you have to find them as they arent made anymore. MIJ DD2 are the best to say also when it comes to a DD2 vs DD3. DD3 is a good choice if you cant get a DD3. A DD7 just has tap tempo and isnt really that good to a DD3 or DD2.

If you want to know how good a DD2 is look for a Pete Cornish T.E.S Delay. He uses a DD2 and mods them to make those pedals
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
Last edited by Mobiusr at Aug 4, 2010,
Well, thank you guys. I guess now I have a better idea about these pedals (I've been watching some youtube videos of the pedals you suggested up there and focused my attention on some aspects you all mentioned). I will not buy one straight away, I'd like to go and try a couple before, but I'll let you know my final choice when the time comes. Cheers!
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
what about the digidelay..i hear those are comparable to the dd3
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
I think a really good deal thats out right now is the Digitech Hardwire DL-8. It's just like the DD-7 with only 20 secs of loop time but way cheaper. It was $159.99 but now its gone down to $114.98 new. I recently ordered one on backlog.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Quote by boffen
I have no idea what it is used in the UK/Mexico/France, but the DL-4 rules.

hahaha, well at the moment I'm in France so ...

Anyway, I've just tried a couple of pedals and I really liked the Boss ones, but also the EHX Memory Boy. I'd really like to try the BBE Two Timer, but it seems it'll be hard to get around here. I'll keep on searching for a little while I guess!

Sometime this week I'll stop by another music shop and will give the Digitech Delay a try, I believe it's the one used by Deerhunter, or so I've been told.
Beau, oui, comme Bowie