This Thread is for those of us who have found U2's music to be inspiring and/or interesting.

I've been a U2 fan for a couple of years now and have come to love all their work, from Boy to No Line On The Horizon. I love it all and it continues to inspire me. I recently got to see them for the first time live in October of last year and it was probably the greatest experience of my life. So I guess to get this thing kicking, who all has been to a U2 concert and what did you think of the experience? What we're some of your favorite/or hated songs they played? Stand out moments?

Peace,
Mikey
Sadly I've never seen them live, but I can only imagine how great an experience it must be. Rattle and Hum remains one of my favorite concert films of all time, very epic.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
U2 are excellent, I'm hoping to see them at the Westpac Stadium in NZ if they come here. Fingers crossed.
I would love to see them live, mostly back in the day though. They are still very good, but Bono doesn't seem to have the passion he used too, but thats somewhat understandable since they have been going for a long time. I have been a long time fan though, and always will be.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by slaptasticdave
Sadly I've never seen them live, but I can only imagine how great an experience it must be. Rattle and Hum remains one of my favorite concert films of all time, very epic.

Rattle and Hum is a great film! I've got a few of their concert dvds and it would be hard to pick a fav but i really love the Popmart live from Mexico City dvd. Pop is probably one of my favorite albums so that may have something to do with it, but ZOO TV live from Sydney is good, I really like the 360 dvd, i think it paid homage to the experience...but yeah if you ever get the chance...GO! lol

I haven't had a chance to pick up ZOO TV yet, because I haven't seen it in a store since I finally listened to Achtung Baby. I haven't heard Pop or Zooropa yet so I haven't seen Popmart either.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Why is this in modern rock?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by slaptasticdave
I haven't had a chance to pick up ZOO TV yet, because I haven't seen it in a store since I finally listened to Achtung Baby. I haven't heard Pop or Zooropa yet so I haven't seen Popmart either.

Yeah I had to order ZOO TV but it was worth it in my opinion and i'd definitely recommend listening to pop before you got the popmart dvd
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Why is this in modern rock?

Well in my opinion U2 has continued to stay modern and push music forward..therefore, I put this in modern rock